Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone else tired?.....
the news channels here are showing the video from couple of days ago of police shooting dead a homeless black man who was already on the floor surrounded by cops - they made sure he was dead too by firing at least 4 times to what I could tell - would they have done that to a white person ??? not so certain ...

The one big thing for me is the ratio of black men in prison compared to white criminals, that's a statistic that cannot be covered by any other term than racism

clipping from Sanford education web site 2014 -Although African-Americans constitute only 12 percent of America's population, they represent 40 percent of the nation's prison inmates.

not sure how accurate that is but it paints a poor picture of the judicial system

Iceblink Wrote:I was beginning to think I was the only noticed, except for a couple mild mentions in the thread and there was no real challenge to the use of the word. I am sure everyone that has been in that thread has noticed I put an infraction on the post and I am not apologizing for it. I guess it is mostly just a bunch of white guys here and I don't know of any current user that is black, so hey, what's the big deal, right? I noticed the word "tranny" was also used. After seeing the two words, I could not go in there and seriously have a discussion about the topic of the thread

I did too, at least I thought I did, but I haven't seen anything come out of it. Andy?

Albie Wrote:My favorite racism is when people say "I'm not racist, but *insert racist comment here*"

I swear to God, somebody I was talking to once started a sentence with "Now, don't think I'm anti-n---er, but...." Where would I get THAT idea?

Quote:As for the poster that you folks are talking about, I thought about mentioning that listing that was messed up, but didn't as I didn't want to look like I was trying to start a fight over the internet. Now I feel like a wuss.

I made some sort of comment, but I don't even recall what it was. The entire post sort of screamed "Hey, I'm a straight-talker who knows what he wants, and isn't afraid to offend!" It's the sort of comment that turns off a lot of people...and turns on a lot of people, too.

Lex

I did post on that thread the guy made a list about what he didn't like in guys - I was posting about his dislike of farm workers which made me laugh, but then further down I saw the N word and so I replied something like that is was unacceptable to put that , guess the thread was deleted by Andy or the poster himself

East Wrote:So, my wonderful, loving, kind, Swedish boyfriend and his family and friends have told me that the word "nigger" is commonly used in Sweden to describe people of African descent and it's not considered too terrible of a word to use.

Same thing in finland, we have a word "neekeri" which actually means people from africa but it cannot be used anymore because of the word "nigger". We dont use the "black people" term here, we just say "dark skinned" which means all dark skinned people. When i was a kid, it was teached in our school as being a normal word. Then few years ago a word became "racist" and even some famous candies were redesigned because they were kept as "racist", because they used the name "neekeri".

If somebody asked me, i would say "people just loves drama!"