Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it normal to become increasingly more flamboyant over time?
Hmmm. strange.
I changed thread by mistake without noticing and posted in this one!:confused:
Sorry.:redface:
Ignore this post.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

People change over time. I'm not the same me as I was when I was at high school. I'm not the same me from when I was 5. Everyone one changes over time. Our mannerisms change so dose our bodies. We are always changing.

My Partner worked (past tense) in an office that started out being mostly straight people, over the course of about two years with people switching jobs, a few being fired and a lot hired the climate in the office turned decidedly 'gay'. As such my partner picked up the affectation of being 'catty', lispy, limp wrist-ed, etc.

Its sort of like if you moved to Maine - eventually you would pick up the Maine (New England) accent and start using the local idioms. Or if you moved to London UK, eventually you would be using their idioms and words for certain things saying 'crisps' instead of 'chips', saying 'chips' instead of 'fries', saying 'fizzy drinks' over 'soda' or 'soda pop'.

When you were younger you most likely were not around 'gay culture' thus didn't pick up the idiomatic speech and the patters of speech. Now you have hung around the 'scene' and have picked it all up and are using it.

pellaz Wrote:hate
Girl?
or
bitch.

Bitch.

I don't like it when gay guys call each other bitch.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:My Partner worked (past tense) in an office that started out being mostly straight people, over the course of about two years with people switching jobs, a few being fired and a lot hired the climate in the office turned decidedly 'gay'. As such my partner picked up the affectation of being 'catty', lispy, limp wrist-ed, etc.

Its sort of like if you moved to Maine - eventually you would pick up the Maine (New England) accent and start using the local idioms. Or if you moved to London UK, eventually you would be using their idioms and words for certain things saying 'crisps' instead of 'chips', saying 'chips' instead of 'fries', saying 'fizzy drinks' over 'soda' or 'soda pop'.

When you were younger you most likely were not around 'gay culture' thus didn't pick up the idiomatic speech and the patters of speech. Now you have hung around the 'scene' and have picked it all up and are using it.

This makes sense.

Rainbowmum Wrote:Biting my tongue on this one.:frown:

what was the point of this post

[COLOR="Blue"]Hmmm, this is new to me. But as some others have said, it is probably not related to being gay. You probably hung out with "stereotypical" gay men, and picked it up. But you know...Most gay men aren't flamboyant. So don't feel obliged by any way to act that way.

Also, I DO hate it when 2 guys call each other "bitch" or "girl".[/COLOR]

What Kaz said Smile

Kaz Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]Hmmm, this is new to me. But as some others have said, it is probably not related to being gay. You probably hung out with "stereotypical" gay men, and picked it up. But you know...Most gay men aren't flamboyant. So don't feel obliged by any way to act that way.

Also, I DO hate it when 2 guys call each other "bitch" or "girl".[/COLOR]

It is a stereotype definitely. I do think most gay men are effeminate not necessarily flamboyant. There are many who are average and masculine as well

Kaz Wrote:not related to being gay. You probably hung out with "stereotypical" gay men, and picked it up. But you know...Most gay men aren't flamboyant. So don't feel obliged by any way to act that way.
If i am with someone who has a way of talking, after time ill try to emulate his speech. I just think its polite, conversation is less error prone. but I tend to talk fairly fast, I often leave words out that i feel are redundant. Altogether it may balance out.

i think my speech is fairly generic but for sure has softened last few years.

Kaz Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]Also, I DO hate it when 2 guys call each other "bitch" or "girl"
Really dont care what they call me IF i feel i can control the situation. For example if I dont feel like a bitch that day I ask them not to use that term on me.

I wish there would be something in between the terms Homosexual and gay