Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it ok to do this or not?
I think being civil when circumstances bring you together is quite different from going out of your way to acknowledge him. One is the right thing to do, and the other is self-indulgent insecurity.

swalter Wrote:I asked you how your advice is "taking the high road". In what way is your advice the superior moral position?

Don't put words in my mouth and then ask me to defend a position I did not take. I did not say my advice was "the superior moral position".

Listen skippy, taking the high road is a euphemism for moral superiority. If you're unable or willing to answer a simple question about the advice you gave, of if doing so ruffles your feathers, why did you bother giving it?

swalter Wrote:Listen skippy, taking the high road is a euphemism for moral superiority. If you're unable or willing to answer a simple question about the advice you gave, of if doing so ruffles your feathers, why did you bother giving it?

WTF is your problem? The guy asked for advice...I gave him my opinion. You gave him yours. He is free to take the advice or not. I didn't think this was a debate thread. I think taking the high road is self explanatory.

Wow. OK guy. I see you're the unstable type. All I did was ask you to explain how your suggestion was "taking the high road". Had I known you just got out the sanitarium, and would break down at a simple probative question, I wouldn't have asked. Perhaps you should be in bed resting instead of dispensing advice.

Seriously?

Is everyone just in a cranky mood or what?

If you've split after what's happened why would you want to be Facebook friends and be reminded of his every move ? If you want to remain civil had a happy birthday when he updates his status.
Plenty more fish in the sea the high road and the low road both lead to the ocean Wink

Maybe I am wrong, but deep down I think you want to wish him a happy bithday in order to open up a conversation in which you hope he will apologize for what he did, I advice you against it, go out with your friends or engage in some activity that will help you take it out of your mind.

If you decide to say HB, it doesn't have to sound as an apology (don't forget you are not guilty in this case). To be friends with your recent ex is good choice, only if you are over him.

I don't really understand..
Did you break up? Or not? Your post makes it sound like you're not sure wtf happened. Imo the entire thing is a bit too short to give an opinion on. I'm not sure if your "boyfriend (or ex-boyfriend)" wanted you to stay home, because he would've wanted to stay home if it wasn't for the sake of his job or that he knew you'd be uncomfortable, OR that he wanted to be alone so he could be naughty.
If it's either of the first two, I don't see the problem and would wish him a happy birthday.
If it's the latter I'd unfriend him on facebook and curl up in my bed with a cozy blanket and cry with any movie starring Robert Downey Jr., Johnny Depp or Meryl Streep.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Seriously?

Is everyone just in a cranky mood or what?

Why can't I like (aka thanks) a post more than once? Sad