Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it ok to purchase buy 1 take 1 power banks?
Is it ok to buy a BUY 1 TAKE 1 Power Banks? I saw there are lots of offers of this kind in online shopping sites and it is very tempting to purchase? What are the benefits and harm in using BUY 1 TAKE 1 Power Banks? Any pros and cons? Some items listed are misleading they say 20000 mah when some buyers says it is lesser than that when they charge their phones and gadget. Will it drain my phone's battery fast. I will only use the power banks when there is a power cut in our area or in locations where there is no electricity. What power bank can you recommend?

I have no idea what a buy one take one power bank is.

But I do have a "PNY outdoor" power bank. I never go travelling without it. Very rugged, waterproof and carries about four smartphone charges.

Has a cute little LED power level indicator and ...... a torch.... for some reason.

Can't recommend it enough.

Buy One Take One means that if you purchase 1 item you will get 1 item free.

[MENTION=20524]bootsguy[/MENTION], are they so expensive that you are not tempted to try the offer? They could be getting rid of earlier generations of the device which is why they are offering two for the price of one. I have one such device given me by my brother and which he recommended. It's a very useful device.

princealbertofb Wrote:[MENTION=20524]bootsguy[/MENTION], are they so expensive that you are not tempted to try the offer? They could be getting rid of earlier generations of the device which is why they are offering two for the price of one. I have one such device given me by my brother and which he recommended. It's a very useful device.

Not that expensive the price is equal to about $12 - $14 .. you will purchase it for that price and get another one for free...

The biggest problem I have with the portable power packs, or however they're being marketed is that they seldom have the capacity advertised. For instance, my Samsung S7 has a 3,000 mAh battery, some of the power packs only have 5,000 mAh and you can be certain that the usable capacity will be much less. So I can probably charge my phone once. Now for bigger devices, like my iPad, it has a 9,000 mAh battery, so yeah, why bother if I can't charge it up completely?

I suppose they're handy in a pinch, but if they're really cheap, don't expect to get anywhere near the capacity they claim it has or for it to last long. Also, be careful with cheap Li-ion, or LiPo batteries, they can catch fire and explode. Better off seeking better quality products.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!