Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is sex really a necessity?
I'm 31 years old man and I haven't had sex for almost 6 months. I was dating a guy who went on an exchange program to study abroad at the end of August. I missed him a lot and then later he told me he cheated on me with another man. It was a shock for me because I thought he loved me, now I realize he didn't. He apologized over and over but when about faithfulness, I only give one chance. We broke up and all the time I feel depressed.

Lately I started having some health problems that made me to visit an urologist. He then asked me when was the last time I had intimate relationships and when I told him, he almost didn't believe it. He advised me to have sex more often because the lack of it can cause damage to person's health. Is it really so?

I'm monogamous person and I will only have sex if I have relationship. Casual sex and one night stands are something disgusting for me, I could never do that. I don't feel the need to have sex or masturbate. Is it really that bad?

Jerking off can substitute for sex on the physiological aspect of your question.

That said, other than the physiological benefits, it's very subjective. For some people, it absolutely IS a necessity. For others, not so much. This depends a lot on their libido and emotional/psychological need for human touch/contact.

On a side note, you might want to have your testosterone levels checked (it's a blood test). Just to be on the safe side.

A 100% necessity no, highly pleasurable, yes. That said, a lack of sexual activity in men can have pyschological and physical manifestations. To prevent prostate problems some sort of regular sexual activity is recommended.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Sex is a way to add intimacy and closeness in the relationship. Outside of one, it can just be a way to have fun, explore fantasies, and relieve stress.

If you're not interested in one night stands or friends-with-benefits, that's totally cool. Do what you are comfortable with. I have a hard time relating to your lack of need to masturbate, that blows my mind and amazes me, but that's probably more freeing for you. Still, might be good to release some of that once in awhile just so it doesn't get gummed up and whatever down there.

31 and no sex isn't that bad... I suppose it's a psychological thing. I am presently 22 and my partner is 53, diabetic and unable to keep an erection. This coming August marks two years without masturbating or having sex. I have guess I can only have sex with a single committed man and until he is able to get it up, I won't let off. It's only important if you let it worry you

You aren't even jerking off?????????????????

A (sorta) friend I had died a horrible death at 59...died a virgin with no incident of ever masturbating. He was a religious fanatic and thougth sex was dirty and he spent Saturday mornings praying aloud for hours...

Personally...I think he was molested and that is how he dealt with it.

Either way....he ended up with a catheter unable to pee and screaming in pain...he had prostate cancer. His religious beliefs did not allow him to receive chemotherapy and he thought God would fix it for him. They say almost every man will have it eventually...never having orgasms definitely contributed to his particular case.... maybe that is what the Doc was referring to?

This reminds me...I want to bring some flowers to his grave later today....

I could live without sex... not without jerking off.

I don't feel the need to masturbate. I don't feel like wanting anything sexual. Of course I could masturbate every day for the sake of my health but that would be like a duty to me. Something I have to do, like going to job, etc. Should I do it like that?

Yea. I mean, I don't want to live without sex, but I could lose one or the other. Not both though.

Jeez, that takes either some tremendous willpower or maybe a low libido...or good habits formed early? I dunno.