Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the USA heading for a civil war?
(06-03-2021, 12:20 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: @Karl Rand That's probably true, although I had the impression that Australia was a bit more on the conservative side, at least on some issues anyway.

Certainly not more conservative than large parts of the US although there’s a hard core who consider themselves the champions of free enterprise even though they’re increasingly sucking on the tax payer’s tit.
What Australia is though is worryingly complacent. A majority of the population doesn’t know how lucky they are. Then we have the remnants of the union movement which is often no more than a form of gangsterism. Add a government happily robbing tax revenue to make their mates (buddies in the US) rich and hypocrisy is the name of both games. 
In the end the endless divide between those who think of themselves as of the left and those who think of themselves as of the right is no more than delusional on both sides.

(06-04-2021, 11:43 AM)Karl Rand Wrote: In the end the endless divide between those who think of themselves as of the left and those who think of themselves as of the right is no more than delusional on both sides.

That is a very good point to make and one that often people just don't know or think about...after all I have the correct opinion on all the issues right? Obviously that's not true, but just to illustrate the hypocrisy of people. How could I possibly be right on all the issues...or any issue for that matter?

But yes, I'm not shocked to learn that the US has their hands in everyone's pockets in some fashion, if not the government the giant corporations do. The average person, in either country, is probably oblivious to it. I mean one of the girls I went to high school with couldn't find North America on a fucking globe, just to illustrate my point and yes some Americans are dumber than shit. How this person graduated is beyond my understanding, there was nothing wrong with her...of course it might have been a put on...I could only hope. The point is people don't know, don't care unless they hear it on the news. The thing is the crooks and cronies don't want you and me to know that it's a big stroke job (to quote George Carlin).

I don't know much of anything when it comes to US and Australian relations, or corporate relationships...but I'm sure they're all out to fuck over (rob) as many people possible, just none of them. Just put on some headlines about abortion or some shit to keep the people angry while they pass some bill eroding rights and passing subsidies that benefit no one but some multinational corporation.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(06-04-2021, 12:30 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 11:43 AM)Karl Rand Wrote: In the end the endless divide between those who think of themselves as of the left and those who think of themselves as of the right is no more than delusional on both sides.

That is a very good point to make and one that often people just don't know or think about...after all I have the correct opinion on all the issues right? Obviously that's not true, but just to illustrate the hypocrisy of people. How could I possibly be right on all the issues...or any issue for that matter?

But yes, I'm not shocked to learn that the US has their hands in everyone's pockets in some fashion, if not the government the giant corporations do. The average person, in either country, is probably oblivious to it. I mean one of the girls I went to high school with couldn't find North America on a fucking globe, just to illustrate my point and yes some Americans are dumber than shit. How this person graduated is beyond my understanding, there was nothing wrong with her...of course it might have been a put on...I could only hope. The point is people don't know, don't care unless they hear it on the news. The thing is the crooks and cronies don't want you and me to know that it's a big stroke job (to quote George Carlin).

I don't know much of anything when it comes to US and Australian relations, or corporate relationships...but I'm sure they're all out to fuck over (rob) as many people possible, just none of them. Just put on some headlines about abortion or some shit to keep the people angry while they pass some bill eroding rights and passing subsidies that benefit no one but some multinational corporation.
Someone had an extra cup of coffee this morning. But seriously I can't disagree with anything you've said.