Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a limit?
Many ask when will technology reach its limit. I ask a simpler question, is there a limit?
Richard

Humans are creative animals and as such can never stop reaching further and further, so I can't ever see a time when we stop wanting to push our brains that little bit further...? Stagnation is death to the creative brain.

The limit would be the imagination, without imagination there would be no ideas, and ideas are what build reality...so basically there can be no limit.

I would have to agree I think there are no limits to what we can achieve as a species.
Richard

the limit is when some new tech thingy goes boom or leaks and wipes us out.

Eventually we will invent everything there is to invent. We live in a finite universe with a beginning and an end, everything has a limit.

Everything that can be invented has been invented. Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. patent office, 1899

He slightly jumped the gun.

The other day, in my local supermarket rag I saw someone had come up with the idea of an Advent Calendar for cats (with cat food tins for each day) :eek:. I ask you!!! What on earth next??? The mind boggles.
True, human beings are inventive, but sometimes they're downright silly.

I saw an advert for that the other day at a friends house, my other friend utterd out "who is stupid enough to buy one of those" followed by my other friend pointing out that they had gone and bought one for their pet. It'd be smarter and cheaper to buy the treats rather than a comercial advent callander :3

There is no limit, and if there is. Shamefully we'll have probably killed our selves trying to reach that limit.

the day we reach the limit is the day we die

perhaps the limit is life it's self? and witin our own destruction we cause the big bang and thus a new universe is born. were living in a cycle of our own creation Tongue