Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this REALLY a place to find FRIENDS
LONDONER Wrote:] a different place to Gaydar!

You "complained" about the fact you found only people looking for sex, but you asked a little bit for it. Bdaybiggrin

LONDONER Wrote:Thanks Nick9. I'm pretty adaptable so it doesn't take me long to get used to differences. I'm thinking of relocating back to London for two basic reasons: the Wealth Tax that the Spanish Governmen has introduced, and also London, in my opinion, is the cultural capital of Europe so it fills a big gap in my life. My last visit to London a week ago I went to four theatres in ten days and would have included the Pompeii exhibition at the British Museum but the friend I was with was exhausted and we will leave it for my next trip in August.

By e-mails I do mean e-mails, not messages here.

I have never been to Britain or to Spain :redface: But I wouldn't be surprised if the English people found a lot of museums or theaters in Spain to visit Smile Isn't it about living somewhere for a long period of time as opposite to being on vacation? I live in a very cultural city, but many times I feel like there is enough time to visit that gallery or museum exhibition Smile Being on vacation in a different city... well that's a different story Smile

Hey and welcome Londoner Smile We occasionally get people who join up here looking for a quick lay but they almost always leave disappointed. This isn't really the place for that.

Hi Londoner welcome to GS. Smile
An eye for an eye

Hello, Londoner, and Welcome to GaySpeak... I am, myself, living in a foreign country but my partner is, like you, a Londoner, who has expatriated to another county, not country... although he spends a fair amount of time in France as well. Hope you find your friends here; They'll tend to be younger, but who cares, since you, yourself, spend more time with younger people? It's all in the mind, isn't it? Yes, to answer you question, I think this is where you'll find new friends.... mostly gay, but not all. Welcome again.

Oh and my usual first question, where is it in Spain that you have found "refuge"? I love Spain and going there, so does my lovely partner... though he speaks hardly a word of Spanish. lol.

Hi Ekwarph. No, I never even lookedd for sex. Frankly, at my age that would be a little silly. I joined Gaydar simply to look for friends but soon found that that was impossible,.

Nick9. Yes, there are museums in Spain but very few in the city I live in. As for theatre and concerts, you may as well forget it. It is a cultural desert here. My accountant who was born here, told me that 100 years ago there was 85% illiteracy while in the Basque country at the same time it was 20%.

Miles: That why I joined here.

Princealbertofb: Thanks for the welcome.

Hi londoner, welcome to gs, yes not many on here looking for a quick hook-up, and its more about topical chats, also a word game thread, good to have you with us.

Partisan is right, good to have you with us.... What's your experience of living the gay life in Spain where people have been able to marry equally for a few years now?

Princealbertofb:

I really have had vey little contact with gay life in Spain for years now so I can't really comment. Those acquaintances I know who have married under the new law don't seem to have had much success since at least two of them have divorced. I have never really believed in marriage. I believe that people should jjust live together. However, all sorts of rules and conditions come with marriage, mostly financial unless of course the couple agree on a separation of possessions before they tie the knot. I might sound cynical but that's just me. I have never even wanted to live with anyone.