Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel Attack Iran?
Person66 Wrote:I don't think anyone here bears "racial hatred". However I can't stand up for Israel forever if it keeps behaving the way it does. Israel a democracy? It seems more like a theocracy to me. After all the Magden David is their flag and Orthodox Jews need not work there, the state pays for them to study Judaism.They don't seem to genuinely want a two-state solution. Jimmy Carter was interviewed in Time magazine and said the Israelis are "persecuting the Palestinians" and that if Iran does indeed develop nuclear weaponry they will have 1 or 2 Nuclear Weapons to Israel's 300! Enough war This sounds too much like the "pre.- emptive" war Bush started with Iraq that cost us so much lives and money. The U.S. needs to stay out of this. And I don't appreciate the fact that if I said what I posted to Israel or the Jewish community I'd be called an anti- Semite.
BTW- I am Armenian, Turkey still denies there was any genocide. Thr Turks aren't Arabs they're "Turkic"

This is exactly the reason I usually avoid topics on Israeli politics. *ANY* criticism of Israel (the state) is immediately countered with accusations of anti-semiticism (the people).

It's a cheap tactic.

Interestingly, there are a lot of Jews in Israel who are critical of their own government.

The dynamic at work in America is quite simply the power of the Israeli lobby. All you need to do is Google "AIPAC" to see the influence at work. In fact, there are more Jews in America than in Israel. Can there be any question why our foreign policy is influenced the way it is?

That's probably enough to earn me some flaming, so I'll probably drop out of the discussion at this point.

Peace! Shalom! Salaam! Pace! Paz!
Smile

The Israeli's are total hypocrites on the nuclear issue. They will not sign the NNPT and their nuclear arsenal is "unofficial" but everyone knows they have them.