Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Does Get Better - The L Project
the term "It Gets Better" is very sarcastic if you in the middle of a bunch of junk... i mean just so you know.

pellaz Wrote:the term "It Gets Better" is very sarcastic if you in the middle of a bunch of junk... i mean just so you know.

That's true. Not for everyone, but it's applicable.

I'm surrounded by homophobes at every turn, but I know that it gets better, so I guess it depends on the individual. Confusedmile:

QueenOdi Wrote:That's true. Not for everyone, but it's applicable.

I'm surrounded by homophobes at every turn, but I know that it gets better, so I guess it depends on the individual. Confusedmile:

I'm glad it helps you. It is doing what it is supposed to then. It may not reach everyone, but it makes a difference for those it does. That's great.

Inchante Wrote:I'm glad it helps you. It is doing what it is supposed to then. It may not reach everyone, but it makes a difference for those it does. That's great.

*Blush* lol. j/k.

Yeah, not just me here either. A couple of my friends who are gay openly admit it now, in a country where being gay is vehemetly discouraged. One of my Lesbian friends cut her hair short, dyed it orangey-brown, pointed it into a mohawk and now wears boys clothes. (well, she always wore pants and stuff, but you get the idea)

She used to have long pretty hair and wore "unisex" clothes. Everyone was shocked Confusedmile: . She's the first lesbian I ever met and the proudest one too. lol.

I've always supported the IGB project because I think more often than not it's true, and many suffering now need to know that.

Also, had I been convinced when I was still in high school that life would only get worse then I would have offed myself. I know I would've. Luckily I didn't have access to the internet back then and thus missed all that garbage by nostalgic and narcissistic boomers about how wonderful childhood was, of those being the "best years" of one's life, and how things were going to get much worse when kids entered "the real world" (which in my case was very wrong).

Pix Wrote:I've always supported the IGB project because I think more often than not it's true, and many suffering now need to know that.

Also, had I been convinced when I was still in high school that life would only get worse then I would have offed myself. I know I would've. Luckily I didn't have access to the internet back then and thus missed all that garbage by nostalgic and narcissistic boomers about how wonderful childhood was, of those being the "best years" of one's life, and how things were going to get much worse when kids entered "the real world" (which in my case was very wrong).

Thanks for sharing Pix, i'm glad you didn't off yourself, cause then you would'nt be here to help other people. You're very beautiful Kiss3 and I'm glad it was wrong in your case :3.

Hugzz Bighug
Smile

Found the Photo on facebook days ago ... here now the news-vid

On the back of the 'It Gets Better' campaign on You Tube, there is also another campaign called 'FCKH8' it's contraversial, it's loud, it's aggresive, and it talks the language of haters.

dfiant Wrote:On the back of the 'It Gets Better' campaign on You Tube, there is also another campaign called 'FCKH8' it's contraversial, it's loud, it's aggresive, and it talks the language of haters.

I F***ing love Kelly :p. Albeit Vulgar and kinda weird, cause the children shouldn't be cursing like that, but the message definetly is good.

QueenOdi Wrote:I F***ing love Kelly :p. Albeit Vulgar and kinda weird, cause the children shouldn't be cursing like that, but the message definetly is good.

I thought the same thing when I heard the F bomb drop from that little 'butter wouldn't melt' girl.

BUT it has an impact, it grabs your attention and it makes its point. To me is says "It may be offensive to hear a 5 year old drop the F bomb, but H8 is far more offensive"