Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's 1999!
So I'll get to the main point, I'm posting all music that was in style in (or around) 1999. I wanted to recreate what was played on top 40 stations back in 1999, while yes you can hear 90's music on sirius xm radio and spotify and yes you can hear the songs that stood up to the last 20 years, but then there's things that for better or worse stayed in the 90's.

#36 in the USA top 40 week of January 2nd 1999

#3 on February 24,1999

You know how some things just stayed in the 90's???

This was #26 on April 17, 1999

#13 on May 8, 1999

Reached #1 on July 24, 1999
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

This is one creepy video lol

Reached #1 on June 12, 1999
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I just checked out the 1999 top 40 and I have to say there were only two songs I have heard of. I might have heard some of the others but didn't know what they were.

1998 was the year I quit working in the nightclub and after 20 solid years of having music blasting in my ear 5-8 hours a day (depending on my shift) - I needed a break from music and pretty much don't know any top 40 stuff since then.  I pretty much started listening to jazz stuff and/or just buying artists I already liked which is how I heard new music

For what it is worth - here are the two songs i have heard from 1999

I see Britney's name there - I still have no idea what she sings or if I ever heard it. I never heard J-Lo either - i know we have the same birthday though Big Grin

Well in case you never heard it, this the song that made Britney Spears...

It didn't appear on the top 40 until November 21, 1998...

Back in 1999 my dumbass would get J-Lo and her mixed up...

Check out my stuff!

(12-10-2021, 03:58 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Well in case you never heard it, this the song that made Britney Spears...
 I just listened to them but never heard either one of them before or if I did I don't remember. 
I know Christina from The Voice though - don't think I would even recognize Britney if I saw her picture.
I really disliked Madonna's music alot and they both kinda remind me of Madonna.

Her first song hit #1 on the dance charts in 1975.

24 years later, in 1999 this one hit #1 on the dance charts.

[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

(12-10-2021, 04:25 PM)eastofeden Wrote: I just listened to them but never heard either one of them before or if I did I don't remember. 
I know Christina from The Voice though - don't think I would even recognize Britney if I saw her picture.
I really disliked Madonna's music alot and they both kinda remind me of Madonna.

I can't say I am a huge Madonna fan but some of her stuff is alright. I had also forgot about this song, I kind of feel like it's a 90's way of doing a throw back of some 60's stuff. Definitely a polarizing track, you're either going to hate this song or like it...or perhaps you're a Madonna fan.

Of course watching the video it is clear why this song was vaguely familiar and had that 60's vibe...Can't say I heard it that much since Austin Powers...

Beautiful Stranger peaked at #19 on the week of July 24, 1999
Check out my stuff!

#12 on the week of February 20, 1999
Check out my stuff!

Reached #1 first on the week of January 16, 1999
Check out my stuff!

I remember this song from 1999  Confused

[-] The following 1 member Likes Chase's post:
  • Bhp91126