Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Italian guy forced to have sex with a female prostitute to prove he's not gay
East Wrote:UGH...this is barbaric and so ugly. I daresay you could find the same thing in all parts of the world though.

i know. it's not just isolated to Italy and i'm not blaming Italy, although i do think the country is falling behind and out of sync with the rest of Europe. it's sad really. the rest of Europe has achieved much more progress on this and is a lot more humane, in comparison.

i also think the political climate within which this happens is important. if it takes place say in France or Sweden, this incident would receive public condemnation from the majority of politicians and influential public life figures. but in Italy, i'm not saying there aren't people who don't speak up condemning this, because there are, but it largely flies under the radar and that sends a message of its own. and then there are Italian politicians, like the Minister of the Interior, Angelino Alfano, who in last October said gays should not have the right to marry.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/08...51310.html

as long as influential politicians and public life figures keep sending out messages like this to the general public, it fosters a climate within which some people are encouraged to think it's okay to discriminate against gays, when otherwise they might at the very least start thinking that if a person with influence and in a power position publicly condemns discrimination of gays and homophobia, then there must be some truth to what they say.

of course, you can't change everyone. some people are beyond being able to moved on this.

I'd've lost my damn job first.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:I'd've lost my damn job first.

I was thinking the same, but if the job is vital, then I'd probably sit through some abuse too. They may not hang on trees (the jobs).

Wow, I was just in that area a few years ago. We stayed in Amandola in le Marche, the next province to the south, and drove through (or next to) Rimini on our way to/from San Marino.

I've been to Italy twice and have family there and my sense, especially when you get away from the cities, is that machismo is still very strong and--when encouraged by the church's hang-ups about gay men-- I could see that life for a gay man, especially an effeminate one, would be very difficult.

My relatives live in Campania, nowhere near where this happened, but their world view is so microscopically focused on their village and the doings there, I can't imagine what it would be like to be gay where they are. My dad, who is totally fine with me and my SO (brags about us, to be honest), told me for the only time in my life it would be better not to bring it up during our visit.

So they can hire a prostitute and form an audience but they think they're more moral? Sounds like typical idiots who don't realize they're actually the ones feeding into a predatory system of exploitation, rape, and slavery. I wonder if the prostitute was a rare free agent or a slave? Or, as is commonly the case, underage?

At least the prostitute was nice to him. Maybe she sympathizes with being treated like crap, and may very well have secretly hated those who hired her.

If Italy can't be blamed for that then I wonder how those people got to work there. Any one of them could have informed a variety of groups (church, legal, human rights, etc) if their culture truly condemned genuine sexual abuse as it does homosexuality.

And I vaguely recall reading disgusting articles about what Italian politicians said about rape as well as the system forgiving a pair of guys who raped and murdered a teenage girl together treating it like a youthful indiscretion rather than vile crime (but if they'd been in a loving gay relationship with each other rather than abducting, raping, and murdering a young girl, well that wouldn't have been tolerated!).

add to the fact that the victim is said to be on psychic disability (mood and bipolar disorder are cited in the article). i have no idea what that is like. but that may have been a factor in why he went along with some of the abuse directed at him. although, i'm just guessing here with that.

this whole thing makes me sick. there aren't a lot of things that get me physically violent, but this does it. i wanna punch that boss where it counts.

meridannight Wrote:i know. it's not just isolated to Italy and i'm not blaming Italy, although i do think the country is falling behind and out of sync with the rest of Europe. it's sad really. the rest of Europe has achieved much more progress on this and is a lot more humane, in comparison.

i also think the political climate within which this happens is important. if it takes place say in France or Sweden, this incident would receive public condemnation from the majority of politicians and influential public life figures. but in Italy, i'm not saying there aren't people who don't speak up condemning this, because there are, but it largely flies under the radar and that sends a message of its own. and then there are Italian politicians, like the Minister of the Interior, Angelino Alfano, who in last October said gays should not have the right to marry.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/08...51310.html

as long as influential politicians and public life figures keep sending out messages like this to the general public, it fosters a climate within which some people are encouraged to think it's okay to discriminate against gays, when otherwise they might at the very least start thinking that if a person with influence and in a power position publicly condemns discrimination of gays and homophobia, then there must be some truth to what they say.

of course, you can't change everyone. some people are beyond being able to moved on this.

I understand the frustration you refer to...we have Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas among other states who want to pull us back to the last century. What I try to remember...there are still alot of people in those places who are progressive and fair minded and hopefully they will find a way to either vote the fucktards their fellow citizens voted into office OUT.... or make a stand for equality under the law. It is frustrating watching them get worse instead of better.

Most days I wish the West Coast would secede from the rest of the country so we don't have to deal with it anymore. Redistricting has allowed the minority to represent the majority of citizens in this country.

Unfortunately, here in Italy the influence of the Church on the Politics and society is still too strong. In Italy there are no laws against homophoby and there are lots of politicians who are not in support of LGBT people. Recently, there has been a meeting in Milan where some politicians and Catholic clergymen talked about the "natural family" (man/woman) and other things against gay people. A gay boy was going to intervene during the meeting but was stopped and was not able to give his ideas. Then, a politician in the audience called him "culattone" (faggot).
Behind this politician, the was also a priest sitting in the audience who had been accused pedophilia!