Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jodie Foster publicly thanks lesbian partner
[img2=left]http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/images/news/jodie_cydney.jpg[/img2]Two-time Oscar-winning actress Jodie Foster has made a small but significant move to acknowledge her sexuality.

Accepting an award at a Hollywood breakfast last week, the Silence of the Lambs star paid tribute to "my beautiful Cydney who sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss."

The reference to her long-term partner is a first for Ms Foster.

She has been in a 14-year relationship with Cydney Bernard and they have a son, but Ms Foster has always refused to answer questions about her personal life.

In the last year some younger Hollywood actors, such as Grey's Anatomy star TR Knight and Doogie Howser MD star Neil Patrick Harris, have found themselves effectively outed by gossip websites.

In May an American gay publication took the controversial step of naming a series of Hollywood stars it claims are gay, and urging them to come out of the closet.

Out featured two models holding masks of actress Jodie Foster and American TV news anchor Anderson Cooper in front of their faces, with the headline "The Glass Closet: Why Stars Won’t Come Out And Play."
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I didnt know she was a lesbian :eek:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Yep...

An open "secret" for years now! BIG muncher! I DO wish Anderson Cooper would come out as well. He keeps moderating these presidential debates where they go on and on about gay issues and he just sits there and smiles....ggggrrrrrr. Most respected name in News? I wish he wasn't so hot so I could get properly indignant!

;-)

Then I was watching the news tis morning and they were talking about Foster and other actors. Straight people are still so dense sometimes. And they actually think they are helping us is the sad part. "Why should she HAVE to come out anyway? It's her private life, Julia Roberts doesn't say she's straight."

BECAUSE Julia Roberts gets to talk about her husband, her baby, her wedding, their honeymoon, what her husband bought her for her birthday... She doesn't HAVE to say straight, she gets to talk about her straightness all day long!

IF Jodie could do that, she wouldn't have to come out either :-)

I like jodie films :biggrin:
[/COLOR]

I don't know why, but when I saw it on the news I was like 'OMG I WAS RIGHT' I knew a long time ago, I mean like 6 years ago, even before I knew I was gay. It was just strange to me!!!

im_so_confused Wrote:I don't know why, but when I saw it on the news I was like 'OMG I WAS RIGHT' I knew a long time ago, I mean like 6 years ago, even before I knew I was gay. It was just strange to me!!!

I didnt once think she was a lesbian to be fair.
[/COLOR]

:-)

Saltybeanz you're a treasure!

Then there are times when your openness and honesty and naivete is so sweet and infectious you come across like this cute little kid you just want to hug!

Then.

I read your posts and advice and they feel like someone with years and years of life experience, wisdom and common sense and I remember how old you are and think, DAMN!

Someday I think you're going to be a force to be reckoned with!

Michael Wrote::-)

Saltybeanz you're a treasure!

Then there are times when your openness and honesty and naivete is so sweet and infectious you come across like this cute little kid you just want to hug!

Then.

I read your posts and advice and they feel like someone with years and years of life experience, wisdom and common sense and I remember how old you are and think, DAMN!

Someday I think you're going to be a force to be reckoned with!

Lol Wow that made me smile :biggrin: Aww thanks. Thats a really wowish thing to say :biggrin:

-Hugs Rolleyes
[/COLOR]

;-)

Just the truth! Enjoy your weekend.

Michael Wrote:;-)

Just the truth! Enjoy your weekend.

You to :biggrin: I think my space bar keeps breaking.. as it isnt working as good as it used to Cry
[/COLOR]