Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just another rant post
Ok, so nobody "knocks at your door".

Guess what....I RIPPED my door down years ago.
There is no more "knocking" to be done, they can just come and go as they please.

So, you feel no one has interest in you. What do YOU do to combat this?
Do you sit alone in the corner wishing somebody would call you and ask you out?
It aint gonna happen.

If you dont get out there and "sell yourself" or "put your face out there", nobody is going to KNOW you exist. You cant sell a car without advertising it first.

I dont know where you live or what country, but if you want to feel useful, then VOLUNTEER your time!!
Retirement homes always need volunteers.
Day care centers use volunteers.
Animal shelters run on volunteers.
Nursing homes use volunteers.
Hospitals use volunteers.
Public libraries use volunteers.
Can you drive? Volunteer to deliver Meals on Wheels.
Food Pantrys/Soup Kitchens always need volunteers.

There are THOUSANDS of volunteer programs all over the world.

If you want to feel useful by the end of the day, then helping somebody who REALLY needs help is the best way to do that. You can go home and say "I helped somebody today" or "I helped someone find the right pet today".

You want to REALLY do something with your life? Then go to school to learn a publicly needed trade:
Doctor
Lawyer
Pharmacist
Veterinarian
Fireman
Ambulance Driver
Teacher
Clown
Actor
Singer
Musician

Nobody is gonna know who the hell you are or even know you exist unless you get out there and do something about it. Sitting in the corner whining and crying about it isnt going to do you any good.
Get off your ass and DO something about it, because nobody else is going to do it for you!!!

Nobody likes a whiny man. Yes, Im being a bastard here, because I used to be exactly like you.
But I kicked myself in the ass and fought my demons and my oppressors, and depression, and I MADE people take notice of me!

What did I do to make people notice me????
I realized one of my many "talents" is cake sculpting. Not just being a cake decorator, but actually using the cake itself to make something and then cover it with frosting or icing and decorate it to look like something.

People went "crazy" over my work. I got noticed. I've had two customers in the past, come in and shake my hand JUST because I made "the perfect cake" for their occasion, and it "made" their party or anniversary.

What can YOU do that is "off beat", "one of a kind", or "special" that can make you stand out from anyone else? You have to find it and use it.

Get off your ass and DO SOMETHING!!

MisterTinkles Wrote:Ok, so nobody "knocks at your door".

Guess what....I RIPPED my door down years ago.
There is no more "knocking" to be done, they can just come and go as they please.

So, you feel no one has interest in you. What do YOU do to combat this?
Do you sit alone in the corner wishing somebody would call you and ask you out?
It aint gonna happen.

If you dont get out there and "sell yourself" or "put your face out there", nobody is going to KNOW you exist. You cant sell a car without advertising it first.

I dont know where you live or what country, but if you want to feel useful, then VOLUNTEER your time!!
Retirement homes always need volunteers.
Day care centers use volunteers.
Animal shelters run on volunteers.
Nursing homes use volunteers.
Hospitals use volunteers.
Public libraries use volunteers.
Can you drive? Volunteer to deliver Meals on Wheels.
Food Pantrys/Soup Kitchens always need volunteers.

There are THOUSANDS of volunteer programs all over the world.

If you want to feel useful by the end of the day, then helping somebody who REALLY needs help is the best way to do that. You can go home and say "I helped somebody today" or "I helped someone find the right pet today".

You want to REALLY do something with your life? Then go to school to learn a publicly needed trade:
Doctor
Lawyer
Pharmacist
Veterinarian
Fireman
Ambulance Driver
Teacher
Clown
Actor
Singer
Musician

Nobody is gonna know who the hell you are or even know you exist unless you get out there and do something about it. Sitting in the corner whining and crying about it isnt going to do you any good.
Get off your ass and DO something about it, because nobody else is going to do it for you!!!

Nobody likes a whiny man. Yes, Im being a bastard here, because I used to be exactly like you.
But I kicked myself in the ass and fought my demons and my oppressors, and depression, and I MADE people take notice of me!

What did I do to make people notice me????
I realized one of my many "talents" is cake sculpting. Not just being a cake decorator, but actually using the cake itself to make something and then cover it with frosting or icing and decorate it to look like something.

People went "crazy" over my work. I got noticed. I've had two customers in the past, come in and shake my hand JUST because I made "the perfect cake" for their occasion, and it "made" their party or anniversary.

What can YOU do that is "off beat", "one of a kind", or "special" that can make you stand out from anyone else? You have to find it and use it.

Get off your ass and DO SOMETHING!!

I am in school already...

I go to a good school... I even have a job guarantéed afterwards... People many people think that I do a good job in school. I don't know... Sorry for this post

Anonymous Wrote:It's just hard to describe, I just feel like so insignificant... that I doesn't matter. It wouldn't matter even if I die, I'm just nothing, and I will forever be nothing... People would morn me for a week tops, then just move on. I just want to disapear, excist no more... So I don't have to deal with anything any more... I guess I'm just lonely... I've been living alone for a half year now, and days just passes... No one calls... No one comes to visit... No one to greet or say hi to... No one really knows me deep inside because I've never let anyone, perhaps that's why no one "knocks on my door". Not even my family...

Maybe you need to strive to make your life mean something to someone.... ? Generally it'll be about making THEM feel important to you, first. Don't wait on your family to call you. YOU can call them. Just ask them how they are, what they're doing? Say you worry about them (maybe you don't)... or something.

Any old school friends, people you got on well with in the past? Any good people at work?

Join a group that does the same thing as you, or think of setting up such a group. With social networks these days, it ought to be possible. What are you hobbies? Are there any you could share with like-minded others?

It sounds like you've had enough of feeling alone, so now's the time to reconnect. Maybe it's time to come out and say who you really are. People do get tired of trying to find the magic sesame into a person's soul, when they can't find the magic word.

If it helps, I went 18 years without anyone special in my life. It was worth the wait.
Good luck finding your significant other.

Anonymous Wrote:I go to a good school... I even have a job guarantéed afterwards... People many people think that I do a good job in school. I don't know... Sorry for this post

Dont be sorry, just go make sure you do something about it.

Ok, you are in school. Awesome!

There are lots of volunteer opportunities at school:
Drama club
Arts club
Science club
Teachers assistants
Library assistants
etc....

Get involved.
You gotta DO something that says "HERE I AM BITCHES"!!!

Bighug

As you can see, you have a wonderful source of peer support in these forums. Please keep talking and utilising our support.

Perhaps you should give some thought to getting yourself some counselling, I'm thinking CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy). You appear to have a good deal of insight in to how your feelings affect you and CBT will help you to control your thinking.

Whatever you decide to do, there's no need tough it out all on your own.

You have us!