Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kicked out of church :0
Thanks everyone :3 . I at one point in my life, would have been very rude and did something totally outrageous, but I've realized life is too short to stress and worry about small things, so I just enjoy it and float on my impenatrable cloud as I hover over them and smile Smile .

I don't dislike them or anything and they are perfectly entitled to their opinion and if they ask me to leave, I will, but I was just disappointed that I couldn't share my music with them.
(Don't think i'm a saint though, I'm not totally nice all the time Cooldevil )

@Person66-
It's okay, I was just kidding :tongue: and thanks :3 .(Albertha, Bertha for short :x, says thanks too lol Butter , she also says she does all the work, but it's not true >.>)

I grew up in the Bible Belt, so I know of a few experiences people have had where they were kicked out of church, etc, and I could share how I alienated the most popular preacher in my town when I was 13.

But rather going on about all that, I'll just share that someone told me she'd gone into a church to pray while wearing a Metallica shirt when the Pentecostals there jumped her, beat her, and performed an exorcism on her which she finally had to go along with just to get away from them. They were then surprised when she called the cops on them to charge them with assault though being the Bible Belt the church didn't have to worry, the cops refused to arrest anyone and told her to dress more appropriately before she went into a church.

On the upside, you got to leave a church early!

Pix Wrote:But rather going on about all that, I'll just share that someone told me she'd gone into a church to pray while wearing a Metallica shirt when the Pentecostals there jumped her, beat her, and performed an exorcism on her which she finally had to go along with just to get away from them. They were then surprised when she called the cops on them to charge them with assault though being the Bible Belt the church didn't have to worry, the cops refused to arrest anyone and told her to dress more appropriately before she went into a church.

Well that's insane, she should have followed up with a civil lawsuit.

Pix Wrote:I grew up in the Bible Belt, so I know of a few experiences people have had where they were kicked out of church, etc, and I could share how I alienated the most popular preacher in my town when I was 13.

But rather going on about all that, I'll just share that someone told me she'd gone into a church to pray while wearing a Metallica shirt when the Pentecostals there jumped her, beat her, and performed an exorcism on her which she finally had to go along with just to get away from them. They were then surprised when she called the cops on them to charge them with assault though being the Bible Belt the church didn't have to worry, the cops refused to arrest anyone and told her to dress more appropriately before she went into a church.

That... is just so wrong. On a ton of different levels:o. I really hope she's okayPray. It's hearing about things like that, that make it hard for me to love and accept people, when they do things like this. I wish the world was just a big splash of different coloured paint on a canvas, allowing the different colours to be their colour and blend with each other with no want for only one or two types of colours to exist Spin3

atheist are more christ like than christians.

pellaz Wrote:this is refreshing. Other times it has been a hopeless closet case gay hanging on to his or her childhood cultural experiences at the local church.

this thread defiantly needs a pic of the t-shirt. if you post count will support it.

I agree with every thing you saidFunnypost ...and thanks for the big grin you put on my face:biggrin:

QueenOdi Wrote:I was supposed to perform today at a friend of mines church, because I was invited, and was all primped and ready, after a long day of helping out at my old music institute. Only to be turned away at the last minute, because my shirt was too "un-godlike" and that I would scare the children. Well, I'm not one to get mad (well, easily anyway), so I politely packed up Bertha(my Viola :3 ) and left to go back home.

It's funny cause when I was in there alot of the guys there were checking me out(I can definitely tell :p, we have alot of extreme closet cases, especially in the church), and the children were "oooing" and "ahhing" over Bertha and yet, I was told that my shirt was to "un-godlike" and that I would scare the children. :confused: I was laughing the whole way home, cause they missed out on having a young person, who's actually interested in things outside of a gang/violence/promiscuity, perform for them.

Music(especially strings) is not a very common practice here, unless your rich and privledged(like some private school students I know Poke2 ) or are into percussion/ singing. I have a sneaky suspicion that I was removed from the church, was because they could see that I was obviously gay, and did not want me there.

Has something similar happened to any of you? It's sad, but i'm not a vengeful person, but I did want to share my little "drama" todayWhew lol.

Bravo QueenOdi for taking the high road...not always an easy task with some of those church folks. Seems to me UnGodlike would be worrying about a shirt someone is wearing...but what do I know.

If I were there I would bow to you...but since I am not...a cyber bow will have to sufficeClapBowBowBow

I'm not a religious person...BUT wasn't it GOD who created skulls, feathers and roses????

So how can anything supposedly created by god be un-god like?

Well handled on your behalf, like Matty said, you have my respect Wink

@East-
Thanks for your cyber bows :3
Bighug
I don't think they'd be able to handle two gay people there, so maybe those cyber bows were for the best :3.

@Dfiant-
:o I never thought of it like that. That's quite true. Maybe now I can wear my shirt that has eyes(like avatars) on it :3 if I go next time.(Probably won't, but hey)

Thanks for the praises, but it's really not that special. I'm sure you guys have had harder(and imagine the gays in the days before all of us :o, who had to either marry and conform or be persecuted), and like I said before, I'm not a saint, but I'm not a vengeful person either.

Just trying to share some "drama" and live my life happily.

~The Queen has spoken~ :3 Imu2 lol