Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LGBT terms
axle2152 Wrote:It's crazy... Labels are things we can do without. I'm sure people can find the type of guy they want without labeling each other...

i definitely agree axle .. labels are the reason why punk rock and emo exists .. lol .. XD ..

knickerbuck Wrote:i definitely agree axle .. labels are the reason why punk rock and emo exists .. lol .. XD ..

Nothing wrong with punk rock, I mean there's a lot that sucks but that's the same with any genre
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

knickerbuck Wrote:i definitely agree axle .. labels are the reason why punk rock and emo exists .. lol .. XD ..

*Awkwardly averts gaze because I quite like punk rock*

i meant that to mean like .. people go emo and punk because people label them and we know that almost all types of punk/emo are melancholic in tone ..

Boaxy Wrote:I'll give you a A - Z of terms you probably don't know.

A-Androgynous:Showing both masculine and feminine traits, not being able to figure if someone is male or female.

B-Batty Boy/Banjee:A gay man (who typically is of African or Jamaican race) that dresses in urban fashion.

C-Cruising:Looking for sex partners in mundane places. Going into public restrooms, parks, woods, subways, deserted buildings, to look for someone to have sex with.

D-Dyke:A female homosexual or lesbian, that is usually very butch and looks like a man.

E-E or Ecstasy:A psychedelic drug that can be swallowed by a pill, smoked, or injected. It is very popular and common in the LGBT community.

F-Fem, Femme or Feminine:A homosexual person who shows more feminine traits and acts. A woman who is not butch, a man who is not masculine.

G-Gaydar:An intuition that many people claim to have, which allows them to detect whether someone is gay without having to ask the person, or still believing that person is gay even if they deny being so.

H-Hag:A straight person (usually a female) who is friends with many LGBT people.

I-In the closet:A person who is not open with their sexuality or is public with their sexuality, and doesn't disclose it to others. Sometimes even to those they are close to.

J-Jackd:A gay dating site.

K-Kink:A fetish or something you find sexual that many people do not.

L-Lipstick:A lesbian woman who is not masculine or butch.

M-Masculine:A homosexual that shows masculine traits. A woman who is not lipstick, a man who is not feminine.

N-NSA or No Strings Attached:Someone who doesn't want a relationship and mostly looks for hookups.

O-Otter:A guy who has a slim figure but is hairy and/or has facial hair.

P-Pansexual:Someone who is attracted to people who are heterosexual, bisexual, gay, lesbian, and trasngender, or a combination of the above. Usually these people are still labeled gay or bisexual though.

Q-Queen:A gay man who is usually feminine, outspoken and eccentric.

R-Rice Queen:A gay man that is east asian, also an east asian gay man that usually gets attention from non asians.

S-S&M:Sado Masochism. Sexual acts which include physical, verbal, and mental abuse and pain.

T-Troll:A gay man who is very rude and disrespectful and harasses other men. Usually is seen in gay clubs.

U-Uncut:Having an uncircumcised penis.

V-Vanilla:Non kink sex acts.

W-Watersports:Sex involving the use of water and getting wet, and/or urine.

X-X ratedTongueornography or to describe something that is very sexual.

Y-Yaoi or Yuri:Cartoons depicting gay romance and sex.

Z-Zoo Queen:A gay person who likes having pets.

oh my god Boaxy .. thanks for the effort .. LOL .. and roflmao to #ricequeen #watersports and #zoo .. LOL ..

Rice Queen.... wtf? hahaha

[MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION], you certainly do have a category. You are the absolute epitome of the perfect Axle and you are damned good at it! Stay that way!

For those who keep running across terms that baffle there is a great site: urbandictionary.com

Quite educational and amazingly silly at times.
I bid NO Trump!

I've never heard rice queen to refer to the Asian guy himself. Ive always known it to refer to the non Asian man who exclusively dates/fucks Asians. I also think [MENTION=23369]Boaxy[/MENTION] was using polite language with some of those... lol.

Personally, I think all these labels and categories are stupid and encourages a lot of the behaviors I dislike about some aspects of the gay community. I feel like it comes from how some people just like fitting in and having a group identify. Not everyone is as hung up on it as others.

(09-07-2016, 12:38 AM)TigerLover Wrote:
axle2152 Wrote:There's all kinds of labels... I hate it. Why are we as a "community" find more ways to label everyone based on their appearance...

Makes it easier to get the kind of sexual partner that you want and theres nothing wrong with that.  For me the problem only arises when those terms crop up outside of purely sexual conversations.

It's completely classless to introduce people to your friend as a "bear". You introduce them to your friend Stan a quick-witted habatchi chef with an interest in music. It's just a question of priorities.

"Stan" is a name label.
"Quick-witted" is a personality label.
"Habatchi chef" is a job/hobby label.
"Music" is a hobby label.

(09-07-2016, 11:55 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote:
Cobalt Wrote:Wait until you start looking up dating profiles or ginder profiles. That shit looks like the alphabet threw up on itself and choked a few times, and threw up the rest.

Oh yeah the grindr "tribes"

It's crazy... Labels are things we can do without. I'm sure people can find the type of guy they want without labeling each other...

You say this...

(09-07-2016, 01:37 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote:

Nothing wrong with punk rock, I mean there's a lot that sucks but that's the same with any genre

And then use a label to identify the music you are talking about.

Lol "labels are something we can do without".

No. They literally are not. It is not about pigeonholing yourself. No one "runs around telling everyone" what their label is. No one is introducing their friends by identifying their appearance. It is about using language to communicate; to identify yourself; to relate to others.

Tell me what music you like without using labels.
Tell me what kind of guy you like without using labels.
Tell me what kind of work you do or would like to do without using labels.
Tell me what you would search for online as a gay teenager in somewhere like Afghanistan without using labels.

Or perhaps realise that many others do share the safe and care-free world that you live in.