Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lady Gaga
I want to talk about Lady Gaga a little bit. If you look at her strategically; she told minorities (gays and other people) that they are okay and she put the minoroties together. And when they gathered up they became the majority. Now no one can mess with Gaga because so many person all around the world loves her. In the social way she is so powerfull.
But i don't think she's after power (even if she holds so much), she's acting all.. different and unusual because she wants to make us feel better and normal. And her voice is amazing too! I just watched marry the night again and for the first time the story made sense to me. We all feel melancholic and low at the start. So many things will happen to us. But at the end we will not care anymore, we will be able to endure so much, we will be the stronger side in the society and we will be with the persons who loves us and accept us and will help us to get up when we fall down. I really love Lady Gaga, because beyond singing, she really helps and means something to me.

Awww, that is a beautiful message from Marry The Night Smile

I agree with her messages, but the presentation seems like a lot of desperate attention ploys.

Counselor Wrote:I agree with her messages, but the presentation seems like a lot of desperate attention ploys.

seems? she's unapologetic and nothing if not intentional... her desperation is shared by countless thousands of people struggling to thrive more than simply survive. Do you think maybe you are being sensitive to her lack of shame...cuz they ain't none... either way, I do see your point about how her spectacle can somehow overwhelm and I think she is brilliant for it.Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I think she choses to do those stuff that you see as ''desperate for attention'' because of us. I mean i think she tries to show society something sooo crazy and new, so we can be normal in those standarts.

I love what she has done for the gay community such as rasiseing money for surport groups and awareness, but i really think she takes thigns to over the top and isnt really true to herself as her personality is well so many split personalities , i think the next over the top thing she could possible do is overdose or fake her own death as all the other crazy stuff she does , it would not surprise me if that was what is next

I adore Lady Gaga, as a person and performer.

When she first hit the scene I was skeptical.. and with most things I held off because I hate jumping on the bandwagon (lol).. but she grew on me and is easily one of my favorite artists. I really feel she's genuine in what she says and does, and I appreciate that.

I know she has many songs but she got me with Marry the Night. Her voice tone, her way of imagination and trying to be powerfull at the start but broken.. I feel so much like that. And the end promises me a better future. I'm telling to myself; i'm gonna be the perfect husband and father, ''I'm gonna make it, I'm gonna be a star''

CCRox: there is a difference between lacking shame and begging attention. Nudists lack shame without tying steak to themselves. Wink

Rumble88: the same could be said of Bjork, but the differences in their presentation definitely set them apart; I find Gaga off-putting, where I find Bjork to be more tender and imaginative. Gaga may be wild with her creativity, but there is still some aggressive edge that makes me wish she would tone it down a bit.

I think her hearts in the right place and I think she hugly talented. And I'm a big fan. However...and this might get my ass kicked.....I don't like being represented by her. Cause I HATE the way she seemingly head pats all of us. Awww look at the little monster's they were born this way. I can't tell you how much it rubs me the wrong way. And before you yell at me it's probably just me. Her fanbase is mostly gay and I don't think calling them little MONSTER'S helps either.

Now please know. I do enjoy her a whole lot....I just don't enjoy how she handles her message. And the get up's never bothered me. If anything, she's given me good laughs. I don't know if that was her desired effect....but there it is

Mick