Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learn Some Greek
I thought to start a thread and offer help to whom might be interested to learn a bit of Greek. You might think who on earth wants to learn Greek is such a difficult language. however to my surprise i met people who are keen in learning a little Greek , whether their are going there for a little holiday , their partner is Greek , like the language or just curious.

So here i am becoming the GS official teacher of Greek for anyone who is interested. You can ask me to translate words or anything you want to know Wink

Well, then Kaltses, can you also find a way of printing the words in Greek writing? I know I've found a way, but can't remember how I did it... Copying and pasting, surely.

How do you say COPY and PASTE in Greek?

I can write in greek characters in my computer ,if that is what you mean. You can add language characters from Windows. :biggrin:

Copy= Antigrafi Paste= kollima

This table explains it well. Go here for a bigger image http://www.keyway.ca/gif/greek2.gif

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Antigrafi kai kollima... xixixi
antigrafw kai kollimw
:biggrin:

princealbertofb Wrote:Antigrafi kai kollima... xixixi
antigrafw kai kollimw
:biggrin:

antigrafw kai kollaw hehe Wink

spotysocks Wrote:antigrafw kai kollaw hehe Wink

Entaxi, entaxi... Antigrafw kai kollaw

Note how close to French kollaw is:
Je copie et je colle.

Trying hard to learn some Greek right now...

S'agapw (s'agapo) seems to be alright to say I LOVE YOU to your loved ones.

Making progress here:
I love HIM = TON agapw (agapo)

Now waiting to know how to say I love HER and I love IT...

Still making progress... BIG TIME:

I love HER = Tin agapw (Thn agapw)
I love IT = Mou aresei (M'aresei) pronounced as Mooh Arehsi (M'arehsi), which I guess is I like or, xxxx pleases me

Now with corrections: "Mou aresei h ellinikh glossa'' = I like / enjoy (the) Greek (language) Wink (the "h" is pronounced as the letter E in English)
I'd originally got the determiner and form of the adjective (and place) totally wrong Cry