Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lebanon launches first ever gay pride!
[SIZE="4"]First ever Arab country to do so:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/lebanon-launch...01930.html[/SIZE]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Wow, that's some news. With such a huge Syrian population taking refuge there, it'll maybe make a come through in Syria once they've settled that war and the refugees can go back?

princealbertofb Wrote:Wow, that's some news. With such a huge Syrian population taking refuge there, it'll maybe make a come through in Syria once they've settled that war and the refugees can go back?

That'll be a l-o-n-g time coming.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Glad that Lebanese law is so up to date, or maybe that it never implemented such a law in the first place. Turkey also has had a legislation that allows homosexuality (since 1858 if I am not mistaken) and yet it is a difficult country to be gay and live your homosexual life. What the heck? Haven't they got enough 'breeders' as it is? ( I know this may sound racist, but with a world population of past 7 billion, I think maybe it's time we curbed the demographics a bit?). I was also watching programmes last night on YouTube about bachas (dancing boys of Afghanistan) who are little more than male prostitutes and sometimes still kids, used as outlets for pent up sexual frustration among a population of males who aren't allowed to mix with females at all. The Taliban don't like this, of course, but it's still an old tradition, detestable as it may seem. There is money and poverty and social misery involved, of course. On the one hand you think, there is room for anyone who doesn't think of themselves as a 'male' but it's the exploitation that seems so wrong. This tradition is so ancient that it obviously doesn't take into account that women should now have control over their own bodies and reproduction. This tradition surely harks back to times when population could not be curbed, and that a sterile outlet like male on male intercourse was an option to let off steam. The men in the video didn't even seem to hide their preferences for sex with a boy / young man.
I'm guessing there is still a long way to go till they start understanding what being gay actually means (ideally NOT exploitation of a weaker person).

LONDONER Wrote:That'll be a l-o-n-g time coming.

Yes, I know. But, well, information is getting around now much faster than it ever was.... Hope for more understanding, maybe?