Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's have a drink!
I had my first Appletini last night and I must say, it was super yummy and very visually stunning! I don't drink much at all but I just had a desire to try one. I bought a bottle of vodka and a bottle of sour apple mix. I combined equal parts of each and bam, a delicious stereotypical gay drink. Smile

After I enjoyed the delightful concoction I read the ingredients of the sour apple mix and I immediately felt the need to purge! SO MUCH SUGAR (high fructose corn syrup, sugar, other types of sugar, etc. etc.).

Since I've fall in love with this drink (admittedly it is probably due to the pretty green sugar juice that added to the vodka) but would love to find an alternative to something so high in calories. Any ideas out there?

I'd also love to know of other drinks (and how to make them) that have a little kick but also taste delicious.

Thanks!

Sorry I cannot help you
But glad you enjoyed your drink :p

I'm not a vodka fan and generally stay away from fruit juices, but not because I don't like them. Try a Jamaican rum like Meyers's or Mt. Gay Eclipse with pineapple or cranberry juice. Whisky sours, when made with very fresh lemon and good sugar and good liquor can be very nice, though sweet. NEVER fall for the advice that you need not use good liquor to mix. Quality spirits are important. If they are expensive, drink less. That is good policy anyway. Try small portions of good scotch and soda or brandies. If you don't care for them that is OK, but the experience is worth it. The real enjoyment in drinks is the subtle flavors of good liquor.

Look into daiquiris and pina coladas and such, but insist on really good, fresh ingredients.

There are dozens of drinks sites on the web. Have fun, but beware of too much sugar and extraneous content.
I bid NO Trump!

I usually order Whiskey Sour when I'm out Smile

[Image: 192810427766308407_WPimzLYp_c.jpg]

Red Velvet Cake Martini Recipe: 2oz Stoli Vanil, 1oz Godiva White,1 spoonful Red Velvet Powder, Dash simple syrup, dash heavy cream shake & strain
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

That's the nature of alcoholic beverages; very high in empty calories.

CellarDweller Wrote:[Image: 192810427766308407_WPimzLYp_c.jpg]

Red Velvet Cake Martini Recipe: 2oz Stoli Vanil, 1oz Godiva White,1 spoonful Red Velvet Powder, Dash simple syrup, dash heavy cream shake & strain

Looks tasty, but definitely not good for my love handles.

Stick to filtered water I guess. Smile

VidasParalelas Wrote:Stick to filtered water I guess. Smile

Water??? YUCK! I'll stick to my tea and the occasional coconut water.

Yum, coconut water sounds good too.