Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letterman: The Final Days
So many of the long running hosts leaving their shows behind after many years...

For me...Bill Maher has always been my personal favorite so I am thrilled he is sticking around....

After that...was sad to hear of Colbert and Stewart of course....both HUGE losses...

...and I had a soft spot for Jay Leno...probably because I loved Johnny Carson and I got used to Leno years ago.....

...but Letterman? I don't even remember why I don't like him but for some reason...I don't...don't have a clue why anymore LOL..... It goes back alot of years. I don't think I have ever watched a single show in his current slot...

Will anyone miss him?

...and..does anyone have a clue why I don't like him? LOL

East Wrote:...but Letterman? I don't even remember why I don't like him but for some reason...I don't...don't have a clue why anymore LOL..... It goes back alot of years. I don't think I have ever watched a single show in his current slot...

Will anyone miss him?

...and..does anyone have a clue why I don't like him? LOL

I dunno, there's always been something very plastic-y about him...are you a paper or plastic kinda guy? :p

Miles Wrote:I dunno, there's always been something very plastic-y about him...are you a paper or plastic kinda guy? :p

LOL Miles...

That could be it...problem is...I don't have any picture of him at all in my brain...

Ahhh...maybe he is the Invisible Man... with no personality? (or maybe I am getting Alzheimers :eek: )

You should be delighted then that soon Colbert will be in the driver's seat....

Rareboy Wrote:You should be delighted then that soon Colbert will be in the driver's seat....

WOW! I knew that...but I had forgotten about it! Thanks for the reminder....

I wonder if he will be playing his character?... or will he just be Colbert?

Interesting [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION], I've always felt the same way about Maher. I just can't stand him. He's one of a few people that every time I see him, I want to hurl things at the screen. And it's totally a personality thing, not his opinions so much as I agree with many of them. I don't like Letterman either (def plastic-y) but at least I found him funny sometimes and he didn't make me want to hurl solid objects.

This is one of those areas of contemporary culture where I'm SO outside the "mainstream" that I fell like an alien from another planet. I basically can not ABIDE commercial TV and especially "talk shows" and "reality TV" OMFG... make me want to hurl barf. It sickens me that millions of people waste their lives watching this shit. Obviously I have as well, but I never felt "good" about it.

I'm glad that we've gotten to a place where we can do away with TV as we've grown up with it. I don't own one and shall never own one again. I *do* watch movies and TV series streaming off NetFlix and Amazon Prime... so its not like I'm a purist. ... Just sharing my view.

[MENTION=20947]MikeW[/MENTION] ...ALOT of people feel the same way you do about Maher...I hear it with him more than anyone really...

I hear the terms "smug" and/or "arrogant" alot when they describe him...

I want to see him next time he is at De Anza College....

I think I love him because he is a keen observer...and he says things he isn't "supposed to say"...which is usually something that gives me a boner in general. I like Chris Rock for the same reason.

I have been a fan of Maher since his Politically Incorrect show way back when...it seemed that was on for years...

As for reality TV...I like Documentaries and also cooking shows where they have to create something from scratch in a limited amount on time using creativity and skill...

I've not watched a single episode of Survivor...or The Bachelor...or Amazing Race...but I do love my Top Chef. I also like Project Runway because I am amazed at how someone can make clothes...I am so not talented and I don't know jackshit about fashion....but I admire and appreciate creativity and skill...

I also love Naked and Afraid LOL

I also used to YouTube Kristi Yamaguchi and Apollo Ohno when they were on Dancing with the Stars though I have never watched an episode of it...I am a fan of both of them from the Olympics.

I think TV in general puts us to sleep though so we aren't paying attention.

I will like Bill Maher a lot. Once in a while I really disagree with him, but I still like him. His show is a different thing though than the other late night talk shows. The Daily Show is also something different. The last time I caught Letterman, it was so horribly unfunny. I had the same feelings about Leno. Late Night with Seth Myers is also not funny. I did like Jimmy Fallon for a while when he took over the Tonight Show, but quickly tired of it. I am starting to think it is not the hosts, but the format of these shows that is tired and done.

Iceblink Wrote:I will like Bill Maher a lot. Once in a while I really disagree with him, but I still like him. His show is a different thing though than the other late night talk shows. The Daily Show is also some different. The last time I caught Letterman, it was so horribly unfunny. I had the same feelings about Leno. Late Night with Seth Myers is also not funny. I did like Jimmy Fallon for a while when he took over the Tonight Show, but quickly tired of it. I am starting to think it is not the hosts, but the format of these shows that is tired and done.

You know what it might be...

I had never thought of that before you just mentioned it but for me..I like the political figures and authors and experts on climate change ect ect....that Maher has ...they are more interesting (to me anyway) then most actors and actresses...

I will tune in to one of the shows if someone I really like is one...but it is only a handful of people who are now mostly old so they are rarely on any of the shows....