Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberalism as immaturity
I personally find the liberal thought process to be very childlike. Things like, "The one percent are such meanies and poopie heads, they need to share" are things that come out of liberals' mouths far too often.

That is a common perception, mainly because a lot of today's youth are more liberal than conservative. It's because of the youth that you hear it that way, not because of liberal thought processes.

VileKyle Wrote:That is a common perception, mainly because a lot of today's youth are more liberal than conservative. It's because of the youth that you hear it that way, not because of liberal thought processes.

And also, young liberals tend to phrase their arguments in very unrealistic and idealistic ways

Arkansota Wrote:And also, young liberals tend to phrase their arguments in very unrealistic and idealistic ways

I tend to see a lot of that across the board politically. It's not the political party that makes people act this way. It's just the individual. Like I said, a lot of today's youth are liberal. If the youth tended to be more conservative, you'd likely see it the other way around.

Leftist people can do just as much harm as anyone especially in the long time with there liberal views, killers are freed again to kill, immigration levels soar out of controls, everybodys entitled to just whatever the hell they want, these people have no long term view or ideals they just want there own selfish warm happy lives to the detriment of there children & granchildren. We are not all equal. Ultra liberal people are senseless morons whos thinking patterns are limited only to what they see and the life they grew up in cottonwool and a silver spoon in there mouth.

Both liberalism and conservatism have their immature ranters and their articulate speakers. It is foolish to dismiss an entire "thought process" simply because a few of its acolytes forget to explain it to you.

Why the fuck cant you dismiss something if you disagree with it, can i not disagree with nazism too cos that was in a way a thought process. Yes it was. End of immature rant.

tavi Wrote:Why the fuck cant you dismiss something if you disagree with it, can i not disagree with nazism too cos that was in a way a thought process. Yes it was. End of immature rant.

It is called critical thinking.
All I'm hearing from you Partisan is: "I think I'm right and I don't care if I am possibly wrong."

tavi Wrote:Why the fuck cant you dismiss something if you disagree with it, can i not disagree with nazism too cos that was in a way a thought process. Yes it was. End of immature rant.

Yeaaaah...but liberals are not aiming to whipe out entire races and have a go at world domination through war...

The thing about liberalism, conservatism, it's not the idea, the theory or the tought porcess, it the poor execution of the idea, and the stupid people who poorly execute the idea...

For example communism in theory sounds fantastic...equal rights, equal wealth distribution, blah,blah...I don't think, however, that Marx had in mind what Stalin turned communism into.

Much like religions, which are not bad by themlselves (don't they all preach about love and good behavior?), the problem is what people makes of them, call them crusades in the name of the lord, call them jihads in the name of Allah...

I'm extremely liberal by Swedish standards and I don't see my own views as naive or idealistic. On the contrary I'm always open to reasonable discussion where facts and statistics are used to support certain claims.

I'm against the death penalty because to me it reduces our modern society to a stage so barbaric that the paradox of "people who kill other people deserve to be killed in the name of justice" isn't even acknowledged as a problem. That does NOT mean I have a "oh sure, let this dangerous murderer out in public again, surely he's learned his lesson after 3 years in prison ta-deh-da-di-fucking-da".

I'm positively inclined towards immigration but that does NOT mean I believe in opening up the borders completely and just taking people in without giving them the necessary help and instead just grouping them all together in giant piles.

I believe in private ownership but that does NOT mean I'd like to remove all the reasonable restrictions that would prohibit, say, private schools from becoming corrupt institutions where grades are bought and where quality suffers for the sake of profit.

I believe... oh fuck, you get the point by now. What you're talking about shouldn't be called "the liberal thought process" but rather "the thought process of some liberals".