Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lie or the truth?
Why is it, if I ask someone if they wanna hangout sometime, they say that sounds fun or yeah/sure. But when I ask if they want to hangout on a certain day, I either don't get an answer or they say they are busy w/work or have plans. What's going on? Or am Uniat over thinking things?

People are stupid in the sense that they rather not offend someone by telling them the truth directly and later putting themselves in a more offensive position by saying "So sorry, I'm busy" or "Maybe another day." when they could have just been honest in the first place. I'm sorry people are being mean to you. Don't feel too bad though. They aren't good people anyways if they lie to you.

But how would I know if they are lying? How can I tellwhen itsthe firtst time?

You're probably not going to be able to tell the first time. It's always the second time that's telling and then it's easy to not have a 3rd time. Sorry, it sucks. The world would be a better place if people always said what they mean. It might hurt a little, but at least you would know where you stood right from the start.

I think the wrong question is being asked. You shouldn't be asking 'Are they lying.' and perhaps you should be asking 'Why are they lying', especially if it happens on more than one occasion with different people.

if you know they are doing this or that ask if you can help and say you just want to hang out. Just hanging out could limit their freedom especially if they have things to do and they are not doing them. Hope that helps?

I really can't explain or understand the falseness of some people.
Perhaps it's because they have lied so much in their life , it's become second nature.

Personally I surround myself with honest people.

this could be one of two ways. Either the person likes torment you because they dont like you. OR the person likes tormenting you because you frighten/intimidate them. i will admit i have done this in the past because i was intimidated by someone. but there are buttholes out thar.

When making new friends, it's is completely possible that the person may be busy and may have an active social life. Rather than asking to do something on a particular day, ask them when they are free in the next couple of weeks, if they are hesitant on what they are doing this may be an indication that they're not particularly interested in pursuing a friendship with you. Don't get despondent not everyone gets along.

If they agree to meet up and cancel on you, give them three attempts and if they've canceled three times then draw a line under it and move on.

We live in a very busy world and not everyone has the inclination to make new friendships.

Keep going and offer the olive branch to the people you want to get to know.

Jonathan

I used to avoid meeting up with people like that when I was depressed.
I still do when I am not feeling too great.

Sometimes people have stuff they dont want to talk about.
So let it be, and dont take it personally Smile