Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lilitu's Vacation Photos
I went on a two day trip to Rotorua and surrounding areas!

Here's the lavender fields I went to: it was full of lavenders. This frecnh guy ran it and we got some dried lavender and some lavender body butter. He also had these lavender flavoured taffies which were really good.

[Image: 8fri.jpg]
[Image: 8rdf.JPG]
[Image: hbim.jpg]

Then we went to the toilet:

[Image: ivrd.JPG]
This is a koru, an immature fern branch

[Image: r9sm.jpg]
I was on a tower made of wood that shook alot when someone climbed up. Good view though.

[Image: f6xg.jpg]
The view from the place
[Image: c2m8.jpg]

Lol it was a nature reserve that we stumbled upon when desperately seeking a toilet. Spent three hours in the toilet.

A mountain in the rain
[Image: mj46.jpg]

The thermal spa pools we went to had a little nature walk too. This is literally a river of boiling water. It was very hot, I nearly burnt myself:
[Image: 6qtk.jpg]
[Image: 30zq.jpg]
The geyser where all the boiling water was coming from. And no these photos aren't blurry, there was just too much steam everywhere.
[Image: l7h7.jpg]

The next day we went to Waiotapu scenic thermal pools:

[Image: 82si.jpg]
This smelt like rotting garbitch
[Image: 6o6v.jpg]
I stood in the mist. It was like a steam room flavoured with rotten eggs.
[Image: 2qmx.jpg]
[Image: 5gjy.jpg]
[Image: goko.JPG]
Look at all the sulphur. the photo does not do it justice. This lake was bright fucking yellow. I could not look at it for more than a few seconds. It was actually fluorescent yellow. Cameras can't pick up fluoro, but this lake was intense to look at.
[Image: ygth.jpg]
[Image: rxw6.jpg]

So after all the searing hot springs that would kill me if I touched it, we went to a spring with water from the mountain ranges that was freezing cold but clear as fuck. Rotorua is like a shower, you won't find normal water anywhere. it's either hot as the fires of hell literally, or ice cold:

[Image: oc92.jpg]
[Image: by44.jpg]
This is the source of the spring, it's 15 metres deep. Someday I think it'd be nice to die in there.
[Image: oxnp.jpg]

Okay this is the problem with vacations. All these ridiculously good looking men come from all over the world, in Rotorua, I heard not a word of English spoken. It was full of mainland Europeans, and everywhere I turned, there were sexy Russian men. I think all the pretty people need to go home stay home 1 2 3, because THEY'RE JUST DISTRACTING. Lookit, I kept looking at this guy instead of the bootiful spring beside him.
[Image: qgm5.jpg]

And here's some redwoods
[Image: 9wup.jpg]

I am very tire. But it was very nice to get the hell out of Auckland. At the same time, it's nice to be back in Auckland because I wanted to leave all those small-town hicks down south.

Woow ! Really nice pictures ! Smile
If one day I come to NZ, I note that I have to go there.

Lol you got me at the sexy Russian men part!
Same experience here.
When my family was in Pattaya I had to be so careful to not let my eyes wander all the time to those hot Russians all over the small Thai town.
It was as if the town was run by Russians! Road signs, billboards and half of all the channels on the hotel's TV were Russian.
And the Russians didn't communicate with fellow tourists Sad also most of them (in fact all) were married straight men.

Damn you sexy Russians! Stay in your country and stop torturing poor gay men like me!

Oh, yes, sexy foreigners seem to be keen on making one distracted...ugh....

Anyway.....that's lavander?....oh, hell....it grows here too a bit and I never knew..

safe to say, obviously that NZ is on my bucket list of places to visit

Thanks for posting those Lilitu, reminded me of the time I was there years ago. I agree with you about the smell but I don't remember ever having seen lavender there. I did bathe in one of the pools while I was there and could see the boiling water bubbling up on the far side and it wasn't possible or even advisable to get too close. Did you see any of those large trouts?

How come you managed to include so many photos in one post? I thought the limit was five.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Blake Wrote:Damn you sexy Russians! Stay in your country and stop torturing poor gay men like me!

Please dont say that, especially since whats going on in Russia, I know how you meant it, just saying… its disturbingly close to the truth.

Lilitu Wrote:I kept looking at this guy instead of the bootiful spring beside him.
[Image: qgm5.jpg]

That guy needs a kick up the backside ! (It took me 9 minutes to edit that)

Wow, how nice to see places from the other side of the world.

Thanks for the trip Lulitu!

I wish I could get the hell away from where I live for a while.

Awesome holiday snaps, thanks for sharing. I wish the weather in Scotland was this great.

Gorgeous photos Lilz. Funny how often natural beauty and potential deadliness go hand in hand...

LONDONER Wrote:How come you managed to include so many photos in one post? I thought the limit was five.

I'm guessing that limit is only on images attached in a post directly from one's computer, and not on hotlinked images that are hosted separately on some other site, not 100% sure about that though