Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limerance
I thnik i may be afflictied with this condition.
I had never heard of it untill i stubled across it on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerance

All i can say is i'm close friends with a guy and i've grown quite attached to him over the nine months i've known him.
He knows i have feelings for him. But i'm pretty sure he doesn't know HOW much i feel for him.

I can't bring it up with him, because i know he will most likely say that he doesn't feel the same way. Which is understandable. Considering how we have actually spent so little time together in person, As our friendship is one of long distance.

My logical side tells me its silly how in love with him i am. But no matter how hard i try to change how i feel about him it doesn't work.
My emotional side is just....crazy for him.

We have alot in common and we get along really well. He's my closest friend.

So really right now i feel i should stave off any urges to blab about how i feel about him, because it will just jeopardise what could happen naturally if we just spend more time together in person.
But i'm starting to find it hard to cope. To the point where i'm getting little sleep and even having nightmares with him in them.

So all i ask is: Anyone know a good way with coping with such feelings?

I find being optimistic about the possible future we could have helps...but that does have the side effect of making me feel like i'm lying to myself.

I do try to keep myself occupied. But it doesn't really help that much.

Thanks for reading. I appreciate it.Confusedmile:

I would recommend giving it the stepping stone treatment.... Take friendship first and keep it that way to begin with and overtime see how things pan out... Now your aware you may have the condition if you feel something negative happenning dont aloow it to be negative do your best to keep everything as positive as you can because a motto i use in life

positive attitude = positive results =)

kindest regards and best of luck

zeon x

Why do you feel certain he wouldn't feel the same? Is he gay? Dating someone else? Go for a different type? Or is it only that you feel for some reason the distance would be bad?

How long distance, and is that something that might change?