Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living with a spider...
I've had two crawl over me in bed in the last month. One of the only bad things about summer... way too many spiders and other insects. I tend to let my cats deal with them now.

Nothing wrong with spiders. You can buy ultra sonic things you plug in that are supposed to keep them away.

They make my skin crawl.
The ones with the long spindly legs more than, say, Mexican redknee tarantulas.(Which I find incredibly cute, but can't go near the things.)

It's sad. They are magnificent animals.
But seeing them skitter around is just... horrifying.

Rainbowmum Wrote:Which of it's 4 eyes is the cute one? *Shudder*

ALL OF THE. He's so cutes!

megumidesu Wrote:unless the spider's name is peter parker and he's here to save me from someone , i don't want it in my house ~

other than him ^ , if you see a spider in my house , it's very much a "shoot to kill" system . if you take it outside , it'll just get back in again ~
i bet you have one of those really tiny guns just for the purpose of spider killinghttp://www.joetech.com/swiss-mini-gun-is-tiny-lethal-and-expensive/:biggrin:

I don't kill animals, even spiders or insects.
But I'm really scared of spiders, I don't know why, probably because they are unpredictale and fast, and could be everywhere, at any time.
Brrr.

They're sometimes beautiful, sometimes cute, but everytime terryfing! XD

Rainbowmum Wrote:My eldest son Jay had a Huntsman as a pet ,I was okay with him after about a year , then the thing had an accidental meeting with my cat.

Here in Australia most of the spiders are nasty, I kill first ask questions later.

I saw a nature special on spiders of Australia. There are some NASTY spiders there. I completely understand the "kill first" philosophy! Whitetails, Redbacks, Funnel Webs....BLECH!

I can understand your reasoning in oz too, i would never kill one here, but will run around like a mad person with full shield and face protection, armed with a jar and lid, if its particully monstrous, if its small or a money spider i’ll let them crawl on my arms and it tickle the small fine hairs, its good watching them struggle lol

I used to kill the wolf spiders that I often see in my apartment during spring and summer, but now I just kind of let them hang around - they run away from me anyway, and I'd rather have them than a place full of roaches. And throughout the month of February there was this one spider who just camped out above the back door - I named him Sagan and we'd talk into the wee hours. Always paid his share of the rent. He was my muse for the month but I haven't seen him since March started.

i see daddy long-legs down in my room all the time, so spiders don't really bother me much...centipedes on the other hand are FUCKING DEAD!!!as soon as i see them