Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London Calling
Hiya,

I am a 19 year old boy living in London loving life but getting caught up in it all; I have grown tired as of late of the superficial and deeply shallow world of G-A-Y and the likes in London [yes I realise the irony in saying deeply shallow, but meh its true]

In life and in love I thought I knew what I wanted but my experiences in London have opened my eyes and changed what are now but memories. I am still the same person, different in ways but I am still me.

I am a writer in case you can't tell and I love to write to express my thoughts so i you have a thought in reading this no matter what it is then write it down as a reply even if you just think "meh" another newbie.

This is my life this is me.

Welcome. Everyone is very nice and supportive. No one is really a newbie here so don't worry about anyone shunning you.

Wooooo i like writers :biggrin:

Hey Welcome!.

Im 19 in Cardiff. To be fair when I first came out I thought WOW A WHOLE NEW WORLD CANT WAIT TO GO TO THE CLUBS.

First time got shunned because I wouldnt perform oral in the toilets :confused:

Second time got followed and touched up by some old man and in the end I punched him VERY hard :biggrin:

Third time completely put me off them as I did realise how shallow it all is, most guys go there for a sexfest basically. Which I dont agree with. The only side effect ive had since is I guess im not so out there anymore. Im more to myself.

Now Im just myself, tend to in a way lead guys on and then I realise and im like uh oh.. I dont mean to im just friendly!

Anyway now im rambling. To know me you need to speak to me Rolleyes x
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

saltybeanz Wrote:Hey Welcome!.

Im 19 in Cardiff. To be fair when I first came out I thought WOW A WHOLE NEW WORLD CANT WAIT TO GO TO THE CLUBS.

First time got shunned because I wouldnt perform oral in the toilets :confused:

Second time got followed and touched up by some old man and in the end I punched him VERY hard :biggrin:

Third time completely put me off them as I did realise how shallow it all is, most guys go there for a sexfest basically. Which I dont agree with. The only side effect ive had since is I guess im not so out there anymore. Im more to myself.

Now Im just myself, tend to in a way lead guys on and then I realise and im like uh oh.. I dont mean to im just friendly!

Anyway now im rambling. To know me you need to speak to me Rolleyes x

LoL! what was that about Mark? Laugh1

If you punch me again i ll call my bodyguards! :tongue:

Hi and welcome to GS!

I take it you meant G-A-Y as in the club... what IS it like there... atmosphere, music, dress codes, drink prices.... etc. Still never been there or Heaven or anywhere else 'on the scene' as it goes.

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Hi and welcome to GS!

I take it you meant G-A-Y as in the club... what IS it like there... atmosphere, music, dress codes, drink prices.... etc. Still never been there or Heaven or anywhere else 'on the scene' as it goes.

G-A-Y has three venues in London, the first for the younger generation G-A-Y Bar on old compton street which ironically I did not visit first. I don't like it, it has a horrible sound system that screeches and as for the people there, they are all gay and they are "not judging anyone" Wink this bar is meant to be an induction for newly out guys etc but I visited it last of the three and found it the worst to be introduced to the gay scene in.

G-A-Y Late at Goslett Yard is a later version of bar which is mainly for the older generation and those young guys who have been out for a while and just want to dance drink and in the good old days meet new people and have fun. Alas in recent years all three venues purposes have narrowed.

G-A-Y Astoria on Charring Cross road formerly my favourite club is sleasy, I made out wih 5 guys on my first night there to give you an idea of the slease. That was when my head was naive and a lot more carefree, I wouldn't do that again. I have had other experiences in this sleasy place including going down on a guy in on the balcony in plain view of the crowd when the club was crammed full of people, the security guards and staff walked passed a few times saw us and did nothing, Astoria is somehwat of a den of inequity.

That was when I experienced the sleasy side of the gay scene.

To recap:

G-A-Y Bar - go to drink, its cheap go get wasted.
G-A-Y Late - go to get drunk and dance a bit, maybe see people you know but you will most definitely leave without meeting new people.
G-A-Y Club @ Astoria - go here if you want to drink dance and get off with someone if you are willing to let go you will go home with someone guaranteed.

Now for the cleaner side of the gay scene in London there are two venues I love but they still have their own drawbacks [this is turning into an essay but I don't care you opened a can of worms here]

Popstarz @ King's X - I love this club but for some reason it don't love me. I have been here three times and on all three times my night has been f-ed up royally, my experiences are spiked with bad memories. The club is cool and I recommend it to anyone any day over G-A-Y [my bad experiences have nothing to do witht he Club they have to do with the guy I went there with he ruinned my night he rained on my parade!!]

Heaven - I LOVE this club. It IS my favourite club, the guy mentioned above has been here and for a while it started to spike my memories but the club is too engrosing and too captivating to me to be affected by him. Dance yourself stupid from 11 until 6 in the morning get blind drunk and eat food they have a food bar as well as drinks so you can easily stake it out in this club for seven hours.

Now that JJ has secured this venue for G-A-Y Club I pray to heaven it does not go down hill. [Although Heaven is not what it once was it was once glorious and a lot bigger but it was downsized and a drug presence is visible on the big nghts but this club is worth it if you are young and want to have a good time with friends and maybe meet some new people if you feeling social.

the most sleazy gay bar in London is The Ghetto though...oh my dear god! it smelled so bad i literally felt sick and had to leave! drinks well cheap though!

swim73088 Wrote:the most sleazy gay bar in London is The Ghetto though...oh my dear god! it smelled so bad i literally felt sick and had to leave! drinks well cheap though!

Haha my flatmate's bf is a barman in Ghetto

The first time I went there I had a guy stare at my cock in the toilets at the urinal then notion me to join him in a cubicle I thought nah and left.

Ghetto can be sleasy but its not the worst club I have been to and I would argue Astoria is worse as it seems to be a sleasy cheesey pickup joint. At least Ghetto occasionally plays some good music and the DJ isn't so bad when it comes to homebrew tracks.

spotysocks Wrote:LoL! what was that about Mark? Laugh1

If you punch me again i ll call my bodyguards! :tongue:

LOL. well you know strange old men touching me up how revolting :tongue:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]