Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
London Elects Muslim Mayor
Alto baby! How've you been?!

Cobalt Wrote:Alto baby! How've you been?!

good thanks salad man!

Emiliano Wrote:What I thought was more interesting than all of this, and what I intended to ask you about, was the bit that you edited out from your response. I guess I understand why you did, I'm sure some people would have had a pretty strong reaction to them, but at the same time, if those are your views you should feel comfortable enough voicing them and standing by them. Leaving that out makes the conversation safer and more comfortable, but when we pretend that such feelings are not a factor in our opinions and decisions, whether on this tiny scale, or on a broader, culturally wide scale, it really does limit the importance, and the point, of intelligent conversations regarding race relations.

If you were me you might do the same thing but yes it is a factor in my opinions, as much a question too but when we pretend such feelings are not a factors in our opinions, people don't abuse you and ban you and call you every name under the sun, such things I have learnt are not for internet message board but yes I stand by my comment.

Hygge Wrote:but when we pretend such feelings are not a factors in our opinions, people don't abuse you and ban you and call you every name under the sun

I'm sorry that you feel you must edit out your white supremacist views so that no one will try to abuse and oppress you by calling you a racist online.

What a terrifying time in history it must be to be a white person.

hah

message too short

princealbertofb Wrote:As an interesting note, the English during Henry VIII's reign destroyed everything that was Catholic did they not? Abbeys and monasteries were not allowed to stand, and they make the most beautiful religious ruins in the British countryside these days. .

Not all of them. Wealthier Catholic religious institutions were offered a choice, either hand over all their gold and coin or we'll burn everything and take it anyway. Of course many that complied then found themselves unable to maintain their grand stone structures and they simply crumbled.
Quote:Not sure that Oliver Cromwell and his armies didn't dabble in this destruction too, at some point.

Oliver Cromwell was a sick, evil, crazy git. I've lost count of the times I've gone to visit a historical ruin only to discover that it didn't fall in battle it was blown up for no reason by Cromwell. If he'd known about Stonehenge he'd of blown that up too.

There is a castle near where i live. It lost it's military importance long ago. It was instead beautified and made more comfortable by the earl of Dudley. In his attempts to woo queen Elizabeth he built a gorgeous garden full of rare flowers, made luxurious rooms decorated with beautiful art and unique stain glass windows, flooded a little boating lake. It was a fairy tale palace and there are countless accounts of it's beauty. The palace even inspired work of romantic literature that was very famous in it's time.

Then Cromwell came along filled in the lake then strapped gunpowder to the walls and blew it to hell for no reason at all.

I HATE OLIVER CROMWELL! :mad:

I have to wonder aloud tho...

With all this anti-muslim and propaganda, which this all is, let's just call a duck, a duck;

Do you actually go out and defend your views and those of your fellow European countrymen who are, as you have so non-subtly alluded to, "Real Europeans" distinct from those of your "British Muslim" counterparts?

Because all this debate and hoopla ya spouting will of course only garner you dislike, both from the overt racism you may not see, but are venomously oozing and for the sake that you are just a gust of hot air.

Rather than antagonistically try and "rally the troops" with your fellow Europeans here, who may not even share your views mind you;

Why not do so with those who do and do so for your country and not just for "Real Europeans"

Because you sound Xenophobic.

Remember;

England started this Trend hundreds of years ago, so try to come off your "woe is my England" pedestal;
Because I'm sure your distant ancestors weren't singing that tune when they inflicted far worse damage elsewhere across the globe.

I for one am only grateful to England for the fact that i am able to have been born on my island through their colonialism and destruction of our various islands;

But it doesnt negate the fact, that now, like we had to; you must evolve and grow and develop into a better nation and not this xenophobic "Real England" ideal you seem to have.

And I've been to England, so I've seen first hand what you are trying to call "Real British Ideals" and guess what, they're not. Your country and culture has evolved off the backs of many others who shape your population.

Get used to that.

Emiliano Wrote:What a terrifying time in history it must be to be a white person.

with all due respect, Emiliano, that was a racist and not thought through statement.

as if it had anything to do with being white. how is this supposed to be terrifying? that people of other races exist? that they exist on European soil, and that they are interested in participating in the public affairs of the state they live in? this has been going on on the European soil for 2500 years at least (well, more, but i can't quote an exact approximate).

what exactly do you imagine here? that a Mayor of different race should automatically instill fear of overthrow of existing order and European way of life? please. it’s insulting to have such lack of common sense applied to a whole race. and you know you are producing a caricature-like insinuation with that statement that is out of bounds with reality.

i have no problem with intelligent, educated people of any race. i don’t know the Mayor of London, but i know he was born in the UK, has been involved in politics there since 2005. i know this man voted in favor for same-sex marriage. so, it is a rather quick effortless deduction from that that the man is not some nutjob. i assume he is a man interested in politics and public office, not some representative of an extremist religious fundamentalism about to bring about a coup d'état, (not to mention, he's a Mayor).

get real, man. that statement was completely nonsensical. you are smarter than that.

and even if this did hold implication towards islamification (which it doesn’t) i am not afraid or terrified of anything. least of all because of my race. my race has taken on and fought everything in this world for thousands of years and prospered to success. and it will fight again if the occasion calls for it. we, white men, are not so easy to beat, and we're not gonna roll over for anyone, and we are not terrified. (you made this about race, so there).

but this thing is a nonevent.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:with all due respect, Emiliano, that was a racist and not thought through statement.

as if it had anything to do with being white. how is this supposed to be terrifying? that people of other races exist? that they exist on European soil, and that they are interested in participating in the public affairs of the state they live in? this has been going on on the European soil for 2500 years at least (well, more, but i can't quote an exact approximate).

what exactly do you imagine here? that a Mayor of different race should automatically instill fear of overthrow of existing order and European way of life? please. it’s insulting to have such lack of common sense applied to a whole race. and you know you are producing a caricature-like insinuation with that statement that is out of bounds with reality.

i have no problem with intelligent, educated people of any race. i don’t know the Mayor of London, but i know he was born in the UK, has been involved in politics there since 2005. i know this man voted in favor for same-sex marriage. so, it is a rather quick effortless deduction from that that the man is not some nutjob. i assume he is a man interested in politics and public office, not some representative of an extremist religious fundamentalism about to bring about a coup d'état, (not to mention, he's a Mayor).

get real, man. that statement was completely nonsensical. you are smarter than that.

and even if this did hold implication towards islamification (which it doesn’t) i am not afraid or terrified of anything. least of all because of my race. my race has taken on and fought everything in this world for thousands of years and prospered to success. and it will fight again if the occasion calls for it. we, white men, are not so easy to beat, and we're not gonna roll over for anyone, and we are not terrified. (you made this about race, so there).

Yeah, "white men aren't easy to beat", because you bleddy well impoverished everyone else. You can go ahead and say it, since you're being so honest and "intelligent".

I grew up on my multicultural island, thank god, so I hold no race of any real importance, and only hold allegiance to my fellow Caribbean islanders, as we historically ans culturally share roots.

All thanks to the White European colonialism, so thanks for that. Truely.

And for the record, Emiliano wasn't saying white men is terrified of anything, it was more a sarcastic remark, because of the way this whole conundrum is looking to us on-lookers.

Quite pathetic if I had to be polite.

And I actually liked England, but this religious/racial feud with Muslim people, is disgusting. Point blank and simple.

meridannight Wrote:with all due respect, Emiliano, that was a racist and not thought through statement.

He was being sarcastic.