Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
London Elects Muslim Mayor
Emiliano Wrote:Yeah, rereading that it's kind of harsh, I didn't intend it as an attack on anyone personally. And my paternal grandmother was Haitian, but I wasn't raised having any sort of cultural connection to there.

Un un, gurl, a jest it was Cat3

You speak your mind missy mister! Elefant

Oh Haiti! A friend of mine is from la República Dominicana and has told me lots of things from briefly stopping over in Haiti.
Sadly I don't really know any Haitians; but whence Caribbean blood flows in ya veins, it'll take several generations to dilute it hun, you maybe can visit to get a glimpse of ya roots ♪

Not to totally derail the thread (or maybe for the sake entirely) Sheep

Other than supporting plans to expand City Airport, Khan seems to be doing okay.
I don't regret him being my second pref.

I feel sorry for Zac Goldsmith, it clearly wasn't the campaign he wanted to run; he seemed to be distancing himself from it in the latter days, disappearing into the background.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

TigerLover Wrote:Not all of them. Wealthier Catholic religious institutions were offered a choice, either hand over all their gold and coin or we'll burn everything and take it anyway. Of course many that complied then found themselves unable to maintain their grand stone structures and they simply crumbled.

Oliver Cromwell was a sick, evil, crazy git. I've lost count of the times I've gone to visit a historical ruin only to discover that it didn't fall in battle it was blown up for no reason by Cromwell. If he'd known about Stonehenge he'd of blown that up too.

There is a castle near where i live. It lost it's military importance long ago. It was instead beautified and made more comfortable by the earl of Dudley. In his attempts to woo queen Elizabeth he built a gorgeous garden full of rare flowers, made luxurious rooms decorated with beautiful art and unique stain glass windows, flooded a little boating lake. It was a fairy tale palace and there are countless accounts of it's beauty. The palace even inspired work of romantic literature that was very famous in it's time.

Then Cromwell came along filled in the lake then strapped gunpowder to the walls and blew it to hell for no reason at all.

I HATE OLIVER CROMWELL! :mad:
Admittedly, it does sound and look as if he was another religious nutter.

princealbertofb Wrote:Admittedly, it does sound and look as if he was another religious nutter.

*Wince* To be honest my post makes me look like a bit of a nutter. Sorry to go off on such a tangent I'm just very passionate about history and my deep dislike of old Crommy is fueled by my irish family.

Besides the ruins of Kenilworth still have a sort of haunting beauty to them.