Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Distance Relationships?
Have you ever had a long distance relationship?

Nearly all mine have been lol.
I used to travel all the way to London (3 1/2 hours away)
also had Grimsby (2 hours)
Bradford (2 hourss)
Bristol (3 1/2 hours)

aha what about you lot?? xx

cant ever say i have the current girlfriend( dnt boo me :o) lives about 20 mins drive or bus away but thats about the extent ae it... a dnt think a could do a long distance thing

Long distance never works in my opinion.

Maybe if you knew them first, and they moved away....
but that's it.

It must require a lot of dedication. I can't imagine that I could ever have a long distance relationship unless I absolutely trusted that person and loved them immensly.

Though who knows, I'm still trying to figure close distance ones, lol.

Long distance rarely ever works, even if the two in the relationship agree that it's not going to be long distance forever.

If I'm with someone I need to be able to physically be with them when I need them and vice versa. I was in a relationship with someone who I skyped with and truth be told it did not work well. From there on out I will not be in a long distance relationship with anyone.

I'm currently in a long-distance relationship. 2 hrs travelling. Seriously annoying particularly given the slightly odd working hours we both do. However all being well due to job changes we might be able to move in together in January!
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Quickest journey time to princealbertofb was seven and a half hours. Normally it's closer to ten, but quite often eleven or twelve. Well over six hundred miles. Still finding that most of my work is in England I travel to Switzerland to get to the part of France where we live together. We've been happily and exclusively together for over six years and spend precious time together every month. We send text messages daily and phone a few times a week.

I love my dear Albert and he loves me. Can't imagine the relationship being stronger or better, although one day I'll probably move over permanently.

ça marche Wink

I think I wouldn't be able to handle a long ditance relationship.

What if I suddenly get the need for an hug or a kiss or... something more intimate? Such needs occure from one moment to the other for me and I couldn't wait 4 days or so until I get it. :frown:

And since my last relationship, I'm too paranoid and too disappointed by men to be able to handle it. Most of the guys are not trustable :tongue: :biggrin: :mad:

I had a long distance relationship, I met my partner 4 years ago online and we are very happy etc.

It was very hard thou. We lived 4 hours apart an both was working so could only visit on weekends.

I used to get the train and stay with him over the weekend.

We was so inlove it was heart breaking when we had to say goodbye for another week. We both found it very hard and althou we chatted c2c to see each other and get to know eachother we done this for 9 months, then after our first meetup after nine months then the heart renching pain came.

It was difficult but thankfully i worked for a private agency who had a office near my partner so after meeting in person over a course of 2 months i moved in with him.

I just think if your in a long distance realationship you should expect some pressure, as it honestly does break your heart if you are a loving, caring person. It was ok when we chatted online for nine months but the real love starts when you first meetup.

Thankfully we are still together, very happy and enjoying life.

He is my first ever partner, i lost my virginity to him and i hope he is my last. I mean i am not the kind of youngster who wants sex with xx amount of people before settling down etc. Althou my partner has been there done that etc i haven't, there is a 17 year age gap between us but if your happy then age should not matter, it does not for me. I mean i rather be in a long term realtionship and be happy than not have a relationship.

I do like an older man thou, not to old as i think to many youngsters (not all of them) are just not comitted into having a long term realtionship, i dont like all this cheating, having sex with whoever takes your fancy etc, hence why i went for someone older, they seem more mature plus the bonus of being more masculine.

i argue my relationship is a long distance one but it is bordering on not.

takes about 95 mins - just over an hour and a half. by public transport as neither of us can drive. Smile

but he comes half way so that way its shorter.

but i still only see him every other weekend and the following alternate wednesdays.
it works though
constant barrage of txts. phone calls once every two days. msn nearly every night. Smile

i however would like him to be closer. Sad
next year i am moveing so much further away toooo Sad