Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Distance Relationships?
Gay Wrote:In my experience, it doesn't work. And it certainly doesn't for me. I'm a much too physical person, and I NEED the intimacy.

I admire those who make it work, but can't help feeling you're settling for something less.

Dan
Not looking for admiration, but with respect, you don't know enough about our situation to make that kind of judgement, although I appreciate you said it's your feeling. I guess that being older we have already established lives that need getting on with outside the relationship. While we would like to be able to spend more time together, and the time will probably come when we do, I think we are actually settling for something more. We never run out of things to talk about and our reunions are always very special.

[COLOR="Green"]I have been in many long distance relationships. Maybe they didn't work because I was young, they were young and still in school. I think they can work though.. My mom has been in one quite a while. They have seen each other I think 4 times now. I currently have deep personal feelings for someone who lives in the UK. He has captured my heart in so many ways. Though he cannot speak English properly, he can type it just fine. We talk everyday for hours on end. There is an age difference but he is a child at heart and showed that from the beginning. We aren't in a relationship or anything.. At least not yet. I honestly hope something becomes of it. Though I'm taking a giant step... He's in another country. My point is, I think it can work depending on the persons involved in the relationship and how well they are committed to it. You know? He's Japanese... The cutest thing ever! Oh my gosh just thinking about him makes me blush!!!

Hope my contribution helps add to this convo. XOX ~ Tiffaney/Brett Rolleyes[/COLOR]

I had an extremely successful long distance relationship. It lasted for over 2 years. We almost met this year, except so much happened and he changed so much on me. I believe long distance relationships do work. You just need to be patient, go with the flow and good things happen. Trust me, it gets better and better as time goes by. It did with my relationship, unfortunately a huge miscommunication happened along the way.

lol yeah, my first proper guy was from Pennsylvania, US Tongue man that was a weird one. We were both mad for each other so I made the visit in uni holiday time; it was okay but not perfect. I'd pretty much say it doesn't work out but there's always the allure of something you can't have. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all. We had tons in common but in person it can be like meeting all over again despite all the knowledge.

I've been friends with and done cyber with a guy from Oz for a few years, but we keep it purely at a distance, there's not really any intent. My current guy is 40 minutes away in the car, but I've dated local guys too.

They don't really work, but it's fun to dream.