Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lube for sensitive skin/anus
My BF says the lubes we have sting "down there." When I just use my finger with no lube it's no problem. When I use one of the below, he says it stings (the actual sex/fingering feels good but not the lube). First I had the cheap stuff: astroglide [water based]. He said that stung so I moved up into fancier lubes, silicone. Both pjur back door and Swiss navy silicone lubes. I had read that silicone lubes were less irritating, but not for him (ugh!)!

I thought the water based were a problem because of the glycerine. I don't believe those two silicone lubes have glycerine (although the silicone ingredients like dimethicone could be causing a sting too I guess.) I was thinking of trying one of the "all natural" Swiss navy water based lubes, but I just don't know what to do! Any suggestions?

avoid flavoring or perfume
maybe its something medical/clinical other than the lube

Try something natural.

Saliva?
Olive oil?

Not so natural...

Petroleum jelly?

KY jelly?

Perhaps he needs a topical anesthetic.

K-Y Jelly doesnt sting.

K-Y is the general go to for people who have chemical sensitivities. You should avoid petroleum jelly if you are using condoms because it degrades them.

OrphanPip Wrote:K-Y is the general go to for people who have chemical sensitivities. You should avoid petroleum jelly if you are using condoms because it degrades them.

I didn't think petroleum was in any of the lubes I mentioned (Astroglide or the two silicones I used). Are they?

pellaz Wrote:avoid flavoring or perfume
maybe its something medical/clinical other than the lube

don't believe astorglide, pjur backdoor or swiss navy have flavoring or perfume.

yes they must be flavored

pellaz Wrote:yes they must be flavored

Astroglide isn't flavored unless specified on the packaging. The packaging and bottle caps are different, too. The purple cap is just lube, the orange one is warming, etc.