Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madonna Vs Lady Gaga
Who do you think is better Madonna or Lady Gaga?

I don't think they can be compared because of the differences in their music and their appearance. I'd say Lady Gaga, however, because she's the new one. :}

I can appreciate Madonna as a pop culture icon and even to a certain degree a musical icon - but she comes across as so boring. At least GaGa - though almost entirely derivative aesthetically speaking - has a story to tell and has passion, whether it be an act or not. I really appreciate GaGa, but I can definitely see the other side of the argument as having very valid points concerning what is wrong and overrated with and about her.

DtotheJtotheM Wrote:I can appreciate Madonna as a pop culture icon and even to a certain degree a musical icon - but she comes across as so boring. At least GaGa - though almost entirely derivative aesthetically speaking - has a story to tell and has passion, whether it be an act or not. I really appreciate GaGa, but I can definitely see the other side of the argument as having very valid points concerning what is wrong and overrated with and about her.

You have an impressing knowledge for music, Mr.DtotheJtotheM. I am startled!

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:You have an impressing knowledge for music, Mr.DtotheJtotheM. I am startled!

Oh, really? I only say what I see (or hear, in the case of music! Smile ). Thank you! x)

DtotheJtotheM Wrote:Oh, really? I only say what I see (or hear, in the case of music! Smile ). Thank you! x)

Well, then you have talented eyes/ears. :]

I love that they both break rules and are both a friend to gay people but I honestly don't care for either one of their music at all...I thoroughly hated Madonna's music for years because I worked in a gay nightclub and had to hear her 24/7...my skin would crawl when I heard Vogue....it was worse than fingernails on a chalkboard for me. I have rarely heard Lady Gaga as I listen to Jazz Stations now but she does make me grin a bit (and she has the same birthday as my lover so that is a plus:biggrinSmile

Can I vote for Chaka Khan instead? I love her.

I'm not really a fan of Madonna but I think that Lady GaGa blatantly copies her way too often. Therefore, although I listen to GaGa's music more, the original must be better than a copy. I vote Madonna. There's got to be a reason she's been so successful all these years.

I personally used to really like Lady GaGa. However, not so much lately. She needs to go away and give us time to miss and appreciate her work. She's fucking everywhere. As for Madonna I have never been much of a fan. However. I respect her more since she is the inspiration of my favorite artist. So I'd have to say I'm neutral on the subject. Either artist's music annoys me to a point that I can't say one is better than the other.

Neither... though if I was forced to say which one out of the two, Madonna. Madonna seems a bit more classy than Lady Gaga. As far as music goes, I would also say Madonna.