Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Majority of guys that I've met were online
I'd never date online but I don't think it's bad or anything. For some people I'm sure it could work out great Smile

devahn8 Wrote:I guess it's just because I'm scared to say hi to guys. Even if I know a guy is gay, it's hard to go up to him and strike a conversation. Unless we in the same group of people obviously.

I'm the same way... It's painful to talk to those people, like awkward pain

oneofcuriousity Wrote:In Ireland all the irish forums are nearly just hook up sites, guys asking if u have Skype and there in there 40 and 50 a little to old for me. The worst part there are so many married guys who are looking for "twinks" and online seems like the only way here because I can't find any local gay clubs, pubs or LGBT centres.

I have this problem too, so difficult to find guys one finds attractive in Belfast. Sad

I say, whatever works, works. I say don't let method get in the way of intention; the internet is a method.

But OTOH, most of the guys I meet online start hot but fizzle when I meet them face to face. Perhaps the gauze of web-itude blurs my mental picture of them before that first meeting.

I'll be honest, I've tried to keep my eyes open and do things to get out there and meet others IRL, b/c the cycle of meeting guys from online was bugging me (due to lack of lasting success). But I haven't connected with anyone so far that way, either. Suffice to say, I rarely make a move, and the ones who do on me, I'm usually not attracted to at all and/or are pushy.

Trying, people, we. are. trying.

Personally, I think it's easier to get a good feel for someone online. Even though it's also SUPER easy to see through smoke and mirrors in person, most people seem to be more authentic when you talk to them in chats, etc. It also helps to alleviate the awkwardness associated with most first dates.

online jus provides another medium for making new friends or meeting new potential mates

A lot of people are down on meeting guys online, I've had very good sucess with it. Of the men I've been with, I met all but four of them online. I like using the dating apps too, I find a lot of nice guys on there. In my experience as long as you understand what people are after then you are usually going to be able to work it. If you expect every guy you meet to be the man of your dreams then no matter where you meet guys you're going to spend a lot of time disapointed.

Richard

Dating online is the only way that I have found any guys though atm.
But I don't have a clue where to meet them "in the real world". There is a gay sense but as I'm disabled and the gays clubs all tend to have stairs to get into them it is totally impossible for me.

I am getting fed up of the sort of guys I keep meeting online.

I think we need to go with what works. I have never had much success with bars and Internet sites, but I do quite well on the local phone lines. Don't know why...it just works for me. I am not looking for a relationship right now so that may be a factor. Over the years I have learned how to weed out the flakes before meeting them and I am picky about what I want. So I don't hook up a lot but when I do mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Just sayin'...work with where you are successful and hone that area.