Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Majority of guys that I've met were online
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:All of my partners I met in the real world... but then until the last two this thing called the 'internet' didn't really exist.... :tongue:

I am the same, although I grew up when dial up was first coming in to mainstream. I still remember being the first kid in the street with 56K.

All have been met in real life first, but plenty of dates I found online, mostly rubbish.

Oh and Bowyn, have you recently read 1984 or just rehashing some memories? the INGSOC avatar caught me, havent read it in ages but it has been my favorite book for a long time. Pity I didn't really enjoy his other work like Animal Farm (though I saw the reason, I just did not get captured unlike 1984).

In Ireland all the irish forums are nearly just hook up sites, guys asking if u have Skype and there in there 40 and 50 a little to old for me. The worst part there are so many married guys who are looking for "twinks" and online seems like the only way here because I can't find any local gay clubs, pubs or LGBT centres.

I guess it's just because I'm scared to say hi to guys. Even if I know a guy is gay, it's hard to go up to him and strike a conversation. Unless we in the same group of people obviously.

devahn8 Wrote:I guess it's just because I'm scared to say hi to guys. Even if I know a guy is gay, it's hard to go up to him and strike a conversation. Unless we in the same group of people obviously.

Why not in strike up conversation with people I don't know

I've met some people online (not many) and some people in real world.
But I'm not the dating type unless it's on my terms and stuff

oneofcuriousity Wrote:Why not in strike up conversation with people I don't know

It's easier for me if we're in a group and there's people I know. Just talking to a stranger isn't my thing unless I'm promoting something.

Dating online is not THAT bad. I met my fiance on POF

rmf Wrote:Dating online is not THAT bad. I met my fiance on POF

Thank God. Lol so there's hope!!!

I met my ex on Second Life of all places. We had plans to meet up before we broke up but they feel though due to a mixture of lack of funds on his end, being too prideful to accept money from me for travel expenses and not wanting to place a burden on me.

We ended up breaking up because he felt he did not have enough time to devote to a relationship and we remain friends and still text each other and chat online.

I'd still love to meet him in real life one day, even if I can't have him as mine. He was a big help to me. I'd never have told my parents I was gay if not for him and he's helped me become a lot more confident in my sexuality.

i met my wife offline . in a bar .
alcohol happened and BAM . married with a kid Smile