Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malaysian Anti-Gay Camp
Quote:Sixty-six Malaysian boys will spend this week at a camp undergoing physical education, religious classes and listening to motivational speakers. They've been hand-picked.

The director of the Terengganu Education Department told the New Straits Times their teachers had identified them as displaying feminine qualities.

The director Razali Daud told the newspaper he understands some people will end up as transvestites or homosexuals but says the state will do its best to limit the number.
Quote:In a statement, Shahrizat Abdul Jalil says being singled out in such a way would be extremely traumatising for teenagers and could have serious psychological repercussions. The Minister says the camp violates laws regarding children and must be abolished.

Sexual health workers worry it will drive more gay people in Malaysia underground.
Quote:A coalition of seven women's groups has realised a statement condemning the camp for promoting homophobia and breaching the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.

The Joint Action Group for Gender Equality says if the Terengganu state has a definition for what constitutes "normal" behaviour, then the criteria should be made public.
Full Transcript of news report:
PM - Malaysian anti-gay camp condemned 20/04/2011

Goodness, poor guys. Yet another country where the law has completely misunderstood human nature and seems to dismiss human rights.

Sigh, just when gay rights start gaining momentum you see this and realize how far we still have to go...

I've read the news on local newspapers but I didn't follow it.

I'm not sure if this camp is related to the Transvestites Camp. The Transvestites Camp supposedly is a camp for transvestites (Volunteered supposedly) to beef up and straighten themselves.

Quote:Sixty-six Malaysian boys will spend this week at a camp undergoing physical education, religious classes and listening to motivational speakers. They've been hand-picked.

The director of the Terengganu Education Department told the New Straits Times their teachers had identified them as displaying feminine qualities.

The director Razali Daud told the newspaper he understands some people will end up as transvestites or homosexuals but says the state will do its best to limit the number.

For your information, the state where this camp is going to be held is a very conservative religious state. Probably the second most conservative religious state in Malaysia.

Just to let you guys know, few gay oriented sites have been blocked in here. I can't no longer access RealJock, a gay community board like Gayspeak since last year.

On the bright side, gay community has beefed up and become more visible in the capital city. The place where I work is pretty much the centre point for gay folks. You can see gay guys clearly everywhere. Kissing visibly sometimes.

Hi Jay! Glad to see you back again! I missed you! How are you doing?

What bothers me most about all this is that there are straight people who have feminine qualities that could wind up being treated as if they were gay. This traumatizes all who under go the treatment, which, incidentally, won't change their feminine characteristics.

A variation of this kind of treatment was back in the 60's here in the USA, when school age children, if they were caught writing with their left hand, they would be "corrected" by being made to write with their right hand. My older brother is the ONLY right handed person in my whole family and he was originally left handed until the teachers made him write with his right hand.

Crazy thinking in this world. Crazy thinking.

This is just stupid.

Another southeast Asian country that has something similar is the Philippines, which is weird considering there are thousands of gay beauty pageants each year in that country.

East Wrote:Hi Jay! Glad to see you back again! I missed you! How are you doing?

Hi East! Missed you a lot as well. I actually tried to pm you yesterday to update you with some stuff. I also needed an advice. But I wasn't allowed to pm (Only can pm after you have 10 posts).

I'm doing great. I'll be having my surgeries on December as planned. Yep, plural. I will have to go through three surgeries. The first one will be on 5th December and it will take 7 hours to complete it. Shivers.

I'm not going to be active in Gayspeak but I'll be around from time to time. It's better to keep my membership alive but inactive instead of deleting it permanently.

Quote:A variation of this kind of treatment was back in the 60's here in the USA, when school age children, if they were caught writing with their left hand, they would be "corrected" by being made to write with their right hand. My older brother is the ONLY right handed person in my whole family and he was originally left handed until the teachers made him write with his right hand.

If I recalled correctly, there was an interview conducted by a local newspaper with this one local professor. According to him, homosexuality is a mental illness. I rolled my eyes. But I reckon a lot of people in particular the older generation swallowed what he said as a fact. In fact one of my colleagues also recommended me to see a doctor if I want to become straight. I 'grilled' him with common sense and thankfully he has completely opened his eyes now.

To educate people about the truth on homosexuality is nearly impossible as this subject is still taboo in general. Thanks to strong cultures and religions.

I do my part to try to educate people around me but it does give me headache once in a while. The problem that I usually encountered is this : Homosexuality is a fad. A female colleague told me that few of her friends become 'gay' because it is 'in' right now. Plus they enjoyed being 'drilled' from behind. But they insist that they are not gays by nature. I scratched my head.

If you are not aware of it by now.......PEOPLE LIE!! They will even put their LIES IN PRINT too............just to get a knee jerk reaction from you. And guess what? homosexuality CAN'T be a fad. If it were then heterosexuality would be a fad too by the exact same causes.