Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marky
Marky Wrote:I see! I take it then thats an interest to you? Or the better question is what made you start it? Smile

In many families and communities, coming out as a non-believer is just as difficult as it can be to come out as gay. Religious families frequently shun other family members who don't follow the family religion. One of the reasons I started the group was to provide support to these folks, give them a network of reasonable peers, and just let them know they're not alone.

We discuss current events from a secular perspective, and engage in activism against the constant efforts by the devout to inject their absurd beliefs into government and politics.

swalter Wrote:In many families and communities, coming out as a non-believer is just as difficult as it can be to come out as gay. Religious families frequently shun other family members who don't follow the family religion. One of the reasons I started the group was to provide support to these folks, give them a network of reasonable peers, and just let them know they're not alone.

We discuss current events from a secular perspective, and engage in activism against the constant efforts by the devout to inject their absurd beliefs into government and politics.

Sounds quite heavy. I've not really given much thought to religion as I don't believe there is anything. I know that may sound quite ignorant but I just don't understand it for me its down to how much pain I've witnessed people go through and just don't understand why someone would let that happen. But that debate could go on for a long time. Im quite lucky in some ways that none of my family is religious - As I've never had anything forced upon me? Its nice you've done something like that Smile Says a lot about your character!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Welcome back Marky. Smile
An eye for an eye

Dan1980 Wrote:Welcome back Marky. Smile

Thanks Dan! Hows Wrexham treating you?
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]