Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masturbation a sin?
I'm Catholic and i'm just wondering, is masturbation a sin?

I've been reading things and they say masturbation itself isn't a sin but the thoughts that go with it is. Anyone?

Scatter

According to Catholic theology masturbation is a sin. Many disagree but that's the Catholic line. As an atheist I don't believe in sin and can't see the harm in it.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

god gave me a dick and a hand - u do the math Wink

Tommy, are you just trying to prod us into discussion Wink

If you sign up to any gang you decide whether or not you play by its rules. The RC church has had hundreds of years to perfect its techniques for making its members feel guilty if they don't follow the party line. So they'll tell you that masturbation is a sin, that god wants you to have more babies than you can afford to raise or than the world can afford to accommodate, that condoms don't help stop the spread of HIV, that women who have been raped should carry to term any resulting pregnancies and that priests and nuns who visit physical, emotional and sexual abuse on children should make the child feel guilty, because whatever they may have done isn't usually worth troubling the police about. :mad:

I'm not sure the Catholic Church is actually very reliable when it comes to giving informed advice about sexual behaviour.

marshlander Wrote:I'm not sure the Catholic Church is actually very reliable when it comes to giving informed advice about sexual behaviour.

Me, I'm absolutely sure that the Catholic Church is an unreliable source of information on sexual behaviour, as are many other Christain sects.

Hi TommyRay,
Called the Catholic Church that supports the glbtq center here and they say (off the record) that masturbation can reduce the deprivatey in thoughts and actions, so if it keeps someone from acting out their fantasys is can be a good thing, Jim PS Guess thats the best we can hope for from the church huh, peace
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

As someone that was also raised in a Catholic family (mainly extended family) who was 'forced' up until I was 12 do, be a good little Catholic boy. In their eyes EVERYTHING is a sin.

So my advice if you've got an itch, scratch it! coz IF (big if) god exsists it'll be his judgement you should care about, not some self agrandising bigots in funny hats who believe people in 2010 should live their lives according to stories written thousands of years ago!

Everyone knows it is no sin to jack off... except in church.

Or is it?

Is it sin to jack off during mass?

you are right ..it is a huge sin ....if you DONT jerk off , and didnt you know it causes insanity if you dont ? It kept me sane all those years in the closet lol