Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayor refuses to remove pork from school menu
Muslim parents demanded the abolition of pork in all the school canteens of Ath in Belgium.

Marc Duvivier, the mayor of Ath, has refused, and the town clerk sent a note to all parents to explain why.

“Muslims must understand that they have to adapt to Belgium, its customs, its traditions, its way of life, because that's where they chose to immigrate.

They must understand that they have to integrate and learn to live in Belgium.

They must understand that it is for them to change their lifestyle, not the Belgians who so generously welcomed them.

They must understand that the Athois are neither racist nor xenophobic, they accepted many immigrants before Muslims (whereas the reverse is true that Muslims do not accept non-Muslim foreigners on their soil).

That no more than other nations, the Belgians are not willing to give up their identity, their culture.

And if Belgium is a land of welcome, it's not Marc Duvivier that welcomes foreigners, but the Belgian people as a whole.

Finally, they must understand that in Belgium with its Judeo-Christian roots, Christmas trees, churches and religious festivals, religion must remain in the private domain. The municipality of Ath was right to refuse any concessions to Islam and Sharia.

For Muslims that disagree with secularism and do not feel comfortable in Belgium, there are 57 beautiful Muslim countries in the world, most of them under-populated and ready to receive them with open halal arms in accordance with Sharia.

If you left your country for Belgium, and not for other Muslim countries, it is because you have considered that life is better in Belgium than elsewhere.

Ask yourself the question, just once, “Why is it better here in Belgium than where you come from?”

A canteen with pork is part of the answer.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I agree with the mayor. When you move to a new country, culture, or region, the only thing I think you should expect is that it will not be illegal for you to personally practice your customs and religion. You must do that, however, within the established culture you have chosen to move to. They should not be expected to make changes to their culture and customs to accommodate you. People moving from other parts of the world into western countries also have to realize that many western countries have a lot more limitations on how much influence their own religions can have on public and governmental decisions than it does in may other areas of the world.

I agree with the mayor on this, at least as for not removing the pork....but I wasn't surprised to learn this was another hoax.

Pix Wrote:I agree with the mayor on this, at least as for not removing the pork....but I wasn't surprised to learn this was another hoax.
Yes, you are correct. I checked it out. Marc Duvivier, who really is the mayor of Ath, never wrote such a letter, because there was never any request to have pork removed from the menu.

I fell for it, never questioning the absence of a link.:frown:

Iceblink Wrote:Yes, you are correct. I checked it out. Marc Duvivier, who really is the mayor of Ath, never wrote such a letter, because there was never any request to have pork removed from the menu.

I fell for it, never questioning the absence of a link.:frown:

Did that... another bait set by Londoner...????!!
Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

"Finally, they must understand that in Belgium with its Judeo-Christian roots, Christmas trees, churches and religious festivals, religion must remain in the private domain. The municipality of Ath was right to refuse any concessions to Islam and Sharia." [emphasis added]

Hoax or not, there is still something to be gleaned from this point.
I bid NO Trump!

BlueStar Wrote:Did that... another bait set by Londoner...????!!

No, I was taken in by it also.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LJay Wrote:Hoax or not, there is still something to be gleaned from this point.

oooooooooo Ljay...... Be careful with that reasoning. I'm too tired to do a rant about that but can tell you all sorts of people who use that reasoning and you really don't want to be associated with them and that type thinking.

This may have been a hoax, but I've heard of it happening. At the same time, I may have fallen for another hoax Biggrinflip
But honestly, with what's happening in the world I wouldn't put it past the Muslim community... to an extent, of course.

Hermain Cain had a few choice words about the Islamic community (Sharia, in particular) when asked post-conference if he would appoint a Muslim into is cabinet/administration and he replied with a big fat "no." Where he stats "...there's this. creepinh attempt to gradually ease Sharia and the Muslim faith into our government.."

To be honest, I don't have the strongest of arguments in regards to the subject, but we have seen Muslims try and socially impose Sharia in a few countries. The United States and England come to mind. Anyone remember the Mosque they tried opening near "Ground Zero" in New York where the terrorist attack happened (Sept. 11 2001)?

Just my take on the subject. Anyone else have thoughts?

Virge Wrote:oooooooooo Ljay...... Be careful with that reasoning. I'm too tired to do a rant about that but can tell you all sorts of people who use that reasoning and you really don't want to be associated with them and that type thinking.

That religion must remain in the private domain? Tell me more.
I bid NO Trump!