Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memo to the LGBT community: Donald Trump is not your enemy
kindy64 Wrote:People self segregate all by themselves, and they have the right to do so.

Should people be forced to do things that are against their religious/moral convictions. It's a serious concern deserving careful deliberation.

FADA is meant to bar the federal government from taking action against people who believe marriage can only be between a man and a woman. https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ouse-bill/2802

I wouldn't support FADA but I could support a law that balances religious convictions with other competing interests

For fuck's sake, this isn't a religious issue! Nobody is forcing anybody to believe certain things. No-one's dictating what one has to believe. And your country is not run by the churches. Unless it is, it's not an issue at all.

If someone was forcing a man to marry another man because homosexuality is okay now, that would be an example of limiting and infringing on their rights and they'd need to turn to the law.

Those men who believe marriage is between a man and a female -- does anybody prevent them getting married to females? No. So, get the fuck out of here with that crap.

Homosexual marriage rights are there for men who have been denied the right to marry the man they love and have built a life with to realize and legitimize that commitment analogous to heterosexual marriage, because it is analogous to heterosexual marriage. It was their liberty that was dictated by the religious beliefs and/or convictions of others. Eliminating a disequilibrium like that makes the whole more in balance, not more out of balance.

There is no case here. Other than twisting logic and turning things backwards to convince the gullible uneducated masses that they have a case. This is the most moronic thing I've come across this whole week. Get your population educated already, and you won't elect clowns like Trump to head your state or have embarrassing crap like this randomly pop up.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

kindy64 Wrote:Whaat??? (best said in .) Trumps not going to round up all the gays and put them in a rainbow prison...

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/ci...your-enemy

Sorry I won't stand down and be complicit in what he's doing to everybody else just because my particular place of privilege isn't being threatened.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:Sorry I won't stand down and be complicit in what he's doing to everybody else just because my particular place of privilege isn't being threatened.

Yes, yes, yes.

This thread is therefore the ideal place for this programme, which I listened to this morning. You could listen to it too..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08cqqqv

Woman's Hour on BBC Radio Four was precisely about ... Well worth a listen.
Waney Squier, Victoire Dauxerre, & ... Being gay in Trump's America
Well worth a listen.

deephiance Wrote:this is all based on the fact that we believe that a country's leader can actually influence change. I mean who is REALLY the head of state?
Rampant capitalism???

ShiftyNJ Wrote:Sorry I won't stand down and be complicit in what he's doing to everybody else just because my particular place of privilege isn't being threatened.

And what would that be?

Please state facts, not hypotheticals based on rumors...

I think it is pretty clear he wants to roll back Roe vs Wade. It is pretty clear he is appointing his buddies. Betsy Devos has no business running the Department of Education either. All of his appointees clearly appose LGBT rights. So hypothetical or not, I am concerned. I mean if someone cocks back their fist as if to hit you, you don't wait until you get clocked in the face to block. I do agree that the media, often from both liberal and conservative counterparts, use a lot of fear mongering for various reasons. Whether that be to get more clicks, views or simply to sway public opinion.

kindy64 Wrote:And what would that be?

Please sftate facts, not hypotheticals based on rumors...

He's stated publicly what his priorities are and whom he perceives as an enemy/threat. I have no interest in debating how real any of these things are. My point is that, based on his very public behaviors and opinions, I think he's a morally bankrupt sociopath and he should not be President. He lives to serve his enormous ego and can't stand to hear anything that goes against that narrative. Such a person's positions change easily (such as his have, if you have had the dubious pleasure of living in his wake for longer than a political cycle) and that is dangerous.

I have great compassion for all the marginalized groups who will be negatively affected by his recent decisions (and the unchecked reign of the oligarchs in all three branches of government, at least for the next two years). Therefore, I take little comfort in knowing that LGBT people are not (yet) on his target list. In less than a month, economic, environmental, human rights, science, women's rights, health care, have all been undermined. He is very much my enemy.