Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Men and scents
Geminize Wrote:As far as Casanova goes, my bf begged me for a sweaty t-shirt when we were going to be apart for a few days. That made me laugh, but it was somehow flattering. I don't think I ever got that shirt back....

It's curious, I have not been aware of any smell (maybe one can't smell one's own sweat) but tomorrow morning when I come back from my one hour run, I must take a deep sniff to see is my T-shirt smells.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'm definitely very aware of a guy's scent.

I vastly prefer the smell of a man's body to any artificial scent or perfume. Something so visceral and exciting about the way a man smells.

Richard

LONDONER Wrote:It's curious, I have not been aware of any smell (maybe one can't smell one's own sweat) but tomorrow morning when I come back from my one hour run, I must take a deep sniff to see is my T-shirt smells.

So, I came back from my run, stripped off my T-shirt and took a deep sniff. There was definitely a smell albeit a very feint one and one that I can only describe as very slightly acrid. It's not something that I think would attract me but then neither would it repel me.

It would be interested to know of other guy's experiences.

I don't like the smell of sweat on clothing, but on skin, it's very different, don't know why that is. On a man's skin it smells good.
Richard

Ha HA hahaha HA hAha ahahaha hahahaha

AURA AURA AURA AURA AURA AURA AURA AURA AURA AURA, sorry.

I love when people smell like Soap, it's like.... clean smell, I just wanna hug them and smell their skin ._.

ardus Wrote:I don't like the smell of sweat on clothing, but on skin, it's very different, don't know why that is. On a man's skin it smells good.
Richard

I agree with you. After sweat has permeated into the clothing, I believe bacteria grows and that's what causes it to smell. But when the sweat is fresh, it doesn't smell bad, it just smells... manly?

Of course this general idea recently got me into trouble.

Richard

starbelly Wrote:I agree with you. After sweat has permeated into the clothing, I believe bacteria grows and that's what causes it to smell. But when the sweat is fresh, it doesn't smell bad, it just smells... manly?

Interesting what you say. I did the same experiment this morning as I did yesterday but today there was absolutely no smell whatsoever. I believe body odour has a lot to do with what you eat and as a vegan that is probably the reason why I have so little. I know that the Japanese generally don't like the smell of Westerners because so many are heavy meat eaters.

Would anyone else like to do this experiment and tell me the results (by PM if necessary). I'd be interested.

I suggest you find some other willing test subjects for you to smell. Since you live with your own odor all the time, you might not be able to smell it at all.

Geminize Wrote:I suggest you find some other willing test subjects for you to smell. Since you live with your own odor all the time, you might not be able to smell it at all.

Geninize, look at my post no. 21 in which I said:

"It's curious, I have not been aware of any smell (maybe one can't smell one's own sweat)....." However, having taken my T-shirt off and waited a few minutes, I believe that one should be able to smell one's own odour.