Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mic - Skype
I bought a mic yesterday right, and its well fun. I was talking to this american dude, AND HE SOUNDS THE SPIT OF MICHAEL JACKSON.

It was pretty scary.

But I have a question about skype, do I just download it? Or will I have to download and pay for calls x.x Because if thats true ill stick to msn.. LOL

Ive never used skype so whats it like?
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

i've never used it though everyone's talking about it. i just can't be bothered.

i think the situation is similar to mika's life in cartoon motion album. when his songs were played to death i totally hated them BECAUSE everyone was so hyper about them and everywhere i turned it was the same ol' thing. even if i knew i liked some songs i absolutely hated hearing them in every bar and supermarket and radio station... after things quieted down i felt i should have a listen by myself and it was very rewarding. :biggrin:

rant over.

skype - why all the hype?

I had skype once but then got bored with it and deleted it, but yeah you only have to pay if your making a call like to a phone or whatever, if your just chatting like you would on MSN using your mic then it be freebie jeebies :-D

Aha ok thanks! I might give it a try then Wink
[/COLOR]

Hey babe Confusedmile:,

Skype is free if you're using it to talk to another user that has Skype installed on their PC (Skype-Skype). You can use Skype to call ANYWHERE - landlines, mobiles, etc., etc., but to do that you have to use what's called "SkypeOut" (which is just exactly the same as Skype basically, but you have to purchase credit to get it to work) ...

So you won't get charged for the calls unless you've got the credit (you won't be able to make the calls UNTIL you buy the credit), and then the calls will come out of the credit you have ...

That's (basically) it xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:Hey babe Confusedmile:,

Skype is free if you're using it to talk to another user that has Skype installed on their PC (Skype-Skype). You can use Skype to call ANYWHERE - landlines, mobiles, etc., etc., but to do that you have to use what's called "SkypeOut" (which is just exactly the same as Skype basically, but you have to purchase credit to get it to work) ...

So you won't get charged for the calls unless you've got the credit (you won't be able to make the calls UNTIL you buy the credit), and then the calls will come out of the credit you have ...

That's (basically) it xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Ohh okk thanks x
[/COLOR]

Just started using skype for a friend who just moved to the Philippines and next China. She goes to a internet cafe and I turn on my skype. My MacBook Pro has an internal mic. The quality is very good usually. Sometimes we get cut off and have to reconnect.

It is great because it is free. It is a little like using a walkie talkie instead of a real phone conversation. Like one person talks but if you talk over them it doesnt work so well and ya get confused. It takes a little getting use to. Skype also has a chat section and you can send files to one another too.

I used to use Skype... and SkypeOut to call the rellies in Australia.. but since we've got free calls to Aussie now.. stopped using it.