Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might be in a relationship with my boss
XD
He's falling for me and I'm taking it slow.
And that's that.

Be VERY careful, and good luck.Smile

That's a stupid move.

It is really, really difficult to keep office stuff out of personal life stuff. Having a lover as your boss usually ends up with a lot more fights or ends up with favoritism at the office and everyone ends up wanting to lynch you.

I hope you can work it out... but I warn you its usually a very bad situation. And when you break up with him it gets worse.

Be very, very, very careful with this.

Good luck

As others have said, relationships in the workplace, especially where one has power over the other, rarely work.

You may be the exception.

Its also generally frowned upon by other co-workers (same sex or not)

Good Luck,
ObW
X

I would be scared shitless to date a superior at work.

Be prepared for your co-workers to hate you as they begin to believe you are being given preferential treatment then by your boss.....I don't mean to be curt or harsh, but I have seen that happen numerous times.

If the relationship flourishes then good luck with it. Just try and make sure that you separate work and play though because not only will it be tough with others hating on the fact you're dating a superior, there can also be an element that you two will be spending too much time around each other.

When it all goes belly up, remember it won't be you who gets promoted out of harm's way. I spent several years working with a manager I would have loved to see get fucked. There was no way I was going to oblige.

People joked that he ruled the department with a rod of pork, such was his promiscuity. When the shit hit the fan he was moved and promoted, a number of people found themselves looking for work elsewhere.

As they say, your mileage may vary. If I were a betting man I'd be putting my money on 'not by much'. But if that's that, then that's that.

Sweetie I hope you are the exception and things work out for you.
My stand on work and relationships is pretty negative, it hardly ever works out.

May I suggest that you find another source of employment?
Either way we are all here for you.

Bighug

This sounds like it could end up badly. My friend once got involved with his boss and he ended up having to quit because of personal life issues. Good luck though!