Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mission Creep, Boots on the Ground, ISIS, Iraq &Syria
We knew this was coming.

John Boehner, Speaker of the US House of Representatives, calls for American ground troops

Quote:Speaking to ABC News, Boehner criticised Obama’s plan to degrade and ultimately destroy Isis. “If the goal is to destroy Isil as the president says it is,” he said, “I don’t believe the strategy he outlines will accomplish it. At the end of the day I think it’s going to take more than airstrikes to drive them out – at some point somebody’s boots have to be on the ground, that’s the point.”

Asked whether such boots would need to be American ones if other countries failed to step up to the challenge, the top Republican in the House replied: “We have no choice. They intend to kill us. These are barbarians, if we don’t destroy them first we are going to pay the price.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/se...ian-border

This of course flies in the face of Obama's numerous protestations that America will not put boots on the ground. http://www.theguardian.com/world/feedarticle/11544987

Mission creep max, anyone?

Something like that, PAlbert.

princealbertofb Wrote:Something like that, PAlbert.

This is not going to be pretty. I have nightmares of ISIS shipping heads back to the States.

Will they even bother?

Nothing will ever be accomplished in a war against fundamentalists, terrorists and assassins as long as it is run by politicians who make no move or decision that will jeopardize their popularity in the homelands. Wars are the work of generals, admirals and tacticians --- not men at desks concerned about approval ratings and elections.

Much to the surprise of most westerners --- 900 years ago one of the greatest wars in human history started over the beheadings of diplomats. Go here to read about it. and go here to read more of what came later.

Obama admits the US intelligence community underestimated ISIS and overestimated the Iraqi military. Given how often the intelligence community is caught flat footed why even have them.

Quote:Obama Acknowledges U.S. Erred in Assessing ISIS

WASHINGTON — President Obama acknowledged in an interview broadcast on Sunday that the United States had underestimated the rise of the Islamic State militant group, which has seized control of a broad swath of territory in the Middle East, and had placed too much trust in the Iraqi military, allowing the region to become “ground zero for jihadists around the world.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/29/world/...-news&_r=0

And now they think boots on the ground aren't necessary. DUH!

I'm pretty certain this isn't a war it is only A police action. We can rest assure that no torture will take place, we now have enhanced interrogation methods to get much needed information from captives.

And no civilians will be killed, there will be just a little collateral damage.

Thus are things in the Age of Newspeak.

The thought now of sending any of our servicemen or women off to be beheaded is very disturbing. I like to be objective if possible and not joining the chorus of anti Islam with torches ablaze BUT I am afraid too many more beheadings and I lose my objectivity ...

Meanwhile in the UK………

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=...ha0uxUTq6w

palbert Wrote:Obama admits the US intelligence community underestimated ISIS and overestimated the Iraqi military. Given how often the intelligence community is caught flat footed why even have them.

And now they think boots on the ground aren't necessary. DUH!

^^^^
You're making a bbbbbad mistake. What Obama said is total bullshit.
He has had the option to be briefed about ISIS and the growing threat they represent sinceAPRIL 2012 Obama has chosen to read (or nor read) the DAILY 2 paragraph summaries of issues for EIGHTEEN MONTHS. Over a year ago he and his cabinet chose not to hear generals from the Pentagon AND CIA who asked to have a conference with him on this subject. About a year ago they ignored intel and advice about starting a covert effort to combat ISIS before it took on the shape it is today....

All of this has been known and is now all coming back around to Bite Obama in the butt. Naturally he's going to blame someone else for his own mistakes rather than make any sort of admission that will knock another 10 points off his all time record low approval rating. It's all lies...

He's been bragging about having formed an alliance of 64 nations to combat ISIS... Do yourself a favor and don't take my word for it. Check out how many of them have actually committed to send troops or bombers. You can count them on one hand... Total bullshit so far.