Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Contract Cancellation.
It was bought through mobiles.co.uk and the cashback and offer was on their website - hence what I assume was the cock up so what if O2 doesnt take responsibility? Hmm :S
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Twazzle Wrote:It was bought through mobiles.co.uk and the cashback and offer was on their website - hence what I assume was the cock up so what if O2 doesnt take responsibility? Hmm :S

mobiles.co.uk are carphonewarehouse

Twazzle Wrote:It was bought through mobiles.co.uk and the cashback and offer was on their website - hence what I assume was the cock up so what if O2 doesnt take responsibility? Hmm :S

Nor should they. If it was false advertising on the part of mobiles.co.uk they should see to it that the service you receive is as advertised i.e. they should pay the cost of the bolt-on.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Nor should they. If it was false advertising on the part of mobiles.co.uk they should see to it that the service you receive is as advertised i.e. they should pay the cost of the bolt-on.

Good luck mobiles.co.uk will blame it on their site being in Beta development.

:l I hate these stupid websites. I don't know what to do! My fault at the end of the day. I just want to cancel.
[/COLOR]

phone up customer services and see what they can do for you, perhaps you can get a better deal and they might let you pay the excess off on the phone

Contracts are very hard to get out of. As Robertson suggests - maybe give them a call, and explain that since you took out the contract, your circumstances have changed, and that you won't be able to afford the contract over the coming 18 months. See whether you can come to a compromise, as whichever phone you got was subsidised by the contract you signed. If the phone has a retail price of £300, then I'd guess the minimum charge to get out - would be to pay the full retail price of the phone plus an administration charge. However I have a feeling that now you've signed for it, you're stuck with it. No harm in trying though. Let us know how you get on.

If you ever see me post on here about taking out a contract with O2 remind me not too.

But I think I have to hold it out until month 9 - Then minimise monthly payments and pay it off. They wouldn't charge for the phone or gift as that came from mobiles.co.uk not O2. I've emailed about the bolt on thing and waiting a reply. Thanks for the advice all. Hope it works out :S
[/COLOR]

CardShark Wrote:Good luck mobiles.co.uk will blame it on their site being in Beta development.

Luckily, the justice system is not staffed by IT folk. If you sell something by electronic means, the mistakes of those means are your mistakes.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.