Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mom is a B@%!h!...she doesnt know her a@@ from her Mouth!
Went over to my parent’s house today to let them know about the passing of NYs gay marriage and she could care less. Knowing that her son is bisexual. As you may already know I got fired form a job for pretty much being gay. So I went to the gay pride here at home and found a gay lawyer to talk to . she asked me where I found him and I told her. She asked me why I was there. I told her because I support the gay community. I can’t remember what she said after that. Pretty much she got mad because I went . I said you don’t want to know about different walks of life. She said. So! I’m not gay. And I tried to reason with her and debate the idea and she said that I was trying to talk back to her. I was like no im not I’m just trying to have a intelligent conversation with you that obviously you can’t have. She said you have talked to me better than this. I said I’m not raising my voice to you. I’m trying to understand you. She can’t obviously have an intelligent debate about anything that doesn’t relate to her. She is so immature it’s crazy. We have done this before and it never ends well. I wish I was in a position to never speak to her again. But I’m not. Or that’s what I think. She’s such a brat!!! I can’t wait till they make it legal all over the country…because then what is he going to do.. shell have to face it on her own!!! I hate her I hate her ugly face. And now I’m sitting here feeling sorry for her. I don’t know why though. I thought when you come out you try to help your parents understand. But apparently that’s not what you do. I told myself that im just going to leave it alone. And they can come along or not….whatever!!!

Miller... don't worry so much. Of course you want your mum to understand because, despite the fact that you are calling her names, you do love her and would like her to be close. But she probably needs time, time to adjust to the fact that her flesh and blood is not going to follow her path. This will probably be a lonely time for you, of course, unless you have some friends to cheer you up.
I think you also expect a lot of support from your mother and for the moment, she is letting you down.
I remember when I was 22, I told my mum I was having an affair with my 1st boyfriend at the time, and she would hear nothing of it. It took her time to start defending both her gay sons and telling other people not to be so ignorant. She never did quite make it with the church, where, I know, she would have liked to be able to stand up for us. But I'm also guessing that she saw some resistance and figured it was maybe pointless to bring this highly personal question up, if it was going to be swept under the carpet with one didmissive comment, disparagement or intolerance.
Here's a Bighug for you, in the meantime. Try to hold your head up high. Love whoever you want to love. Love is OK!!!

sorry about that miller

your mom has to understand that gay people are in existence too and theres really nothing to stop it like drug dealers theyll never stop existing thats how life is i feel so bad for you that shes putting you on the backburner but you will make it i know you will Smile

toomuch45 Wrote:sorry about that miller

your mom has to understand that gay people are in existence too and theres really nothing to stop it like drug dealers theyll never stop existing thats how life is i feel so bad for you that shes putting you on the backburner but you will make it i know you will Smile

Please, I know you meant well, but equating us being here like drug dealers being here is a huge slap in the face. Sorry if I offended you, but your comment really offended me.

It's hard for people who think that being gay is bad or a choice or whatever other ridiculous notions to one day find out that they have to accept that their own child is gay (or bi). Just give her some time. Try not to shove it down her throat too much, just as you wouldn't want her to shove her negative views down your throat. Take it day by day, and occasionally mention something positive about someone gay...such as "You know Ellen DeGeneres? She just won an Emmy." You don't even have to mention that she is gay, your mother likely already knows. If she starts spouting hate, shut it down and change the subject to someone else who one an Emmy...you get my point. Give her time to come to terms with your sexuality. Remember it likely took you some time to come to terms with it, and it was you...this is her son and she obviously feels that being gay is wrong. Hopefully, it will come in time...sooner than later. And if it doesn't? Then you don't have to have her in your life. You can see her on holidays and weddings and funerals, etc. She is your mother, but if she can't love you unconditionally, then she isn't being a very good mother.

your mum will either accept your being gay or she won't only time will tell, you being an obnoxious bampot won't be helping much.

kmullican Wrote:Please, I know you meant well, but equating us being here like drug dealers being here is a huge slap in the face. Sorry if I offended you, but your comment really offended me.

I can't agree with you more. What a bad comparison. But I know they meant well. LOL!