Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mormon swat team in action
I know our dear Sox is not keen on public displays of affection, but I'm not sure he would go this far in dealing with it. I've just heard of this incident that took place in Salt Lake City's Main Street Plaza recently. Four security guards apparently took exception to a kiss and a cuddle by a gay couple in the LDS Church owned area. Rather an aggressive response ... or justified, do you think?

More on this story here

In scotland i know the security gaurds would be charged under 'Unlawful arrest', and im sure a good lawyer would get some 'assualt' and 'hate crimes' in there. I dont know about american law.

In my eyes id love the 4 of them to try and arrest me for that........Id go f*****g mental and my training would kick in and they would all be kissing the pavement.

Did you notice their body language?? Two of them were scared, you could see them being afraid to get physical.

Also they cuffed and searched them, ileagal in scotland for a security gaurd to do that, but in the uk its also illegal to handcuff someone under the human rights act unless you are a police officer / soldier arresting someone and have been properly trained.

I want to rant as im pissed off proper.........

The next time Mormons show up at my front door I want them arrested for offending my intelligence. Or maybe I will just stick to greeting them in nothing but a towel ( a short towel ) while I play headbanger music in the background. >Smile

No i'm not keen on PDA but i must admit my disapproval stretches as far as a strern look and perhaps writinig a letter to the committee, but that's a step too far.

That said, being obvious in such an area was blantantly asking for trouble. So nae sympathy i'm afraid.

It's just like i wouldn't go skippng through Mastrick wearing a skintight flouro top.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:That said, being obvious in such an area was blantantly asking for trouble. So nae sympathy i'm afraid.

The area where they were 'arrested' is somewhat interesting. It used to be a truly public space owned by the city council and a free thoroughfare. It was then sold to the Church of LDS. It remained a thoroughfare but as private property the Church was entitled to place limits on public access. However from what I read, these limitations were not well signposted.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

They were asking for it? Seriously? :eek:

The committee reconvenes on Wednesday Wink

asking for it??? WTFook??? Are you serious? I get the feeling you are not comfortable with being wit a guy in the public eye?

So next time you go to the shop and walk in tesco, and you get beaten up by someone who hates tesco for selling say tabaco....you asked for it!

albabonzai Wrote:asking for it??? WTFook??? Are you serious? I get the feeling you are not comfortable with being wit a guy in the public eye?

So next time you go to the shop and walk in tesco, and you get beaten up by someone who hates tesco for selling say tabaco....you asked for it!

I don't understand the Tesco example Cry But can I say.. I'm not the most comfortable person of displaying affection in person... and I do feel a bit uncomfortable in certain places with it being displayed...

But this article is over the top.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Twazzle Wrote:I don't understand the Tesco example Cry But can I say.. I'm not the most comfortable person of displaying affection in person... and I do feel a bit uncomfortable in certain places with it being displayed...

But this article is over the top.

I mean if the security attacked the 2 guys for kissing and sox said they asked for it.

So if sox went into a shop and was attacked by someone who didnt like that shop then he is saying he asked for it.

I'm sorry, AT WHAT POINT DID I SAY THEY WERE ASKING FOR IT??

I resent such a wilful misinterpretation of what i said.

If you draw attention to yourself you have no right to complain about the negative attention that comes with it. I get a lot of looks and comments, and have been beaten up enough times before, but i can respect that that may have something to do with the fact that i wear shawls and bright colours, and don't really try to 'fit in' per se. Just as i tone it the fuck down when i go into a hostile area, so i should expect others would have the common sense to do the same.

There's a lot to be said for keeping your head down, and that's something i know i would do very well to remember more often.