Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning mourning
Here is the delightful touching thought that Joseph wanted to share with us... It went straight to our hearts. Thanks, Joseph. You mean a lot to us.
[Image: Josephscardsmaller20110410.jpg]

That's really pretty! Confusedmile:
Thanks for sharing it!

I don't assume that anyone is interested, but we held my father's funeral last week. Following PA's example of the very personal memorial he organised for his mother's funeral a few weeks previously I wanted to honour my father in the same way. Strangely, we seemed to be more constrained by the red tape than they were in France on this occasion.

As I mentioned above, it was going to be a service in the local Mormon chapel. I couldn't do much about that, but I wanted to make the event about my father's life as much as possible. I opted to talk about him. My "English" brother did not want to do that and neither of us wanted one of the Mormons to do it. I had no idea whether I would be able to speak on the day, so I wrote out what I wanted to say in case someone else had to speak for me. We put together a photographic slide-show of events from his life and invited two of the choirs he sang with to share some of their music with us. Members of our next generation carried their grandfather's coffin. All of this broke with normal practice, so needed some negotiation. I am grateful that the local LDS bishop was obliging.

The weather was beautiful and pretty much everything went according to plan. I think we gave my father a good send-off. Having mourned my mother's death for nine years, my father is now interred with her; reunited at last.

As ever, PA was my rock. His new passport arrived at the eleventh hour and he was able to take his flight here to England. It was his first time meeting my family. No blood was spilled.

well done youdid relly well doing it talking.very brave. you dad be proud and prinnealbrto .im ha;ppy it was ok him you fimiliy beacase him is very very lovly and pepple can not not llike him. yous 2 are very specile you didvery good for you your dad.

I am sorry for your loss Derek. One nice thought occured to me. I loss my father 17 years ago and your loss reminded me to think of my dad. After 17 years I still enjoy thinking of "Pop". You will soon know my pleasure at thinking of my old man.

This video is a very nice thought...

you can share your mourning with the bereaved...