Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning on getting my first tattoo this summer
here's what I'm cutting it down to. The Lorule Triforce still needs cracks in it for its destruction, but I really like it. I've also decided to put it on the front of my right thigh, directly next to, well you know. Maybe I'll upload a picture of it when I get it done, but it will be at least 5 or 6 weeks before that happens.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Radbot42 Wrote:here's what I'm cutting it down to. The Lorule Triforce still needs cracks in it for its destruction, but I really like it. I've also decided to put it on the front of my right thigh, directly next to, well you know. Maybe I'll upload a picture of it when I get it done, but it will be at least 5 or 6 weeks before that happens.

If that's the design that floats your boat then go for it - its unique to you

i have a suggestion for you: paint that tattoo design you want to get on your body, where you want to get it, and go around like that for months. if you still think it's a good idea after those months, to do that permanently, then think about getting it done, maybe. there are decent body paints and fake tattoo options available.

also, what it is you're getting is the single most important thing about the tattoo. it feels self-explanatory, but most people fail to let it sink into their brains properly. nondescript objects like star-shapes, crosses, wings, and the like lose their appeal after a couple of months. in a few years they'll look positively nonsensical.

the similar happens with words, maxims, etc. you put that 'no regrets' on your arm and then what? it means nothing, in fact. or more precisely, it becomes meaningless in the process of staring at it every day. and it doesn't hold. because eventually, in life, you're gonna stumble upon that one thing and you're gonna regret it (in this example).

a tattoo has to be highly personal. something so much about who you are that you may as well have been born with that tattoo on your arm or wherever it is. if you don't feel like you were born with it, do not get it.

also, stay away from hieroglyphs, and foreign language tattoos.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

As long as you think about the tattoo for alot of time before getting it , then do it!! I have one tattoo a symbol on my hip that i got randomly when hungover so no thoughts involved and i would regret that one, all my others i really have spend months thinking about and planning before following through with getting it done as the more i waited the more i seen the idea more on my skin driving me crazier and crazier haha upload a photo when you get it done I would love to see it

meridannight Wrote:i have a suggestion for you: paint that tattoo design you want to get on your body, where you want to get it, and go around like that for months. if you still think it's a good idea after those months, to do that permanently, then think about getting it done, maybe. there are decent body paints and fake tattoo options available.

also, what it is you're getting is the single most important thing about the tattoo. it feels self-explanatory, but most people fail to let it sink into their brains properly. nondescript objects like star-shapes, crosses, wings, and the like lose their appeal after a couple of months. in a few years they'll look positively nonsensical.

the similar happens with words, maxims, etc. you put that 'no regrets' on your arm and then what? it means nothing, in fact. or more precisely, it becomes meaningless in the process of staring at it every day. and it doesn't hold. because eventually, in life, you're gonna stumble upon that one thing and you're gonna regret it (in this example).

a tattoo has to be highly personal. something so much about who you are that you may as well have been born with that tattoo on your arm or wherever it is. if you don't feel like you were born with it, do not get it.

also, stay away from hieroglyphs, and foreign language tattoos.

So much wrong in this. Tattoos do not have to mean anything, some people like the design enough, and are satisfied with it. Tattoos do not have to be personal, it helps for others to understand why you got them if they are, but ones like tribal tattoos, people just get those because they like them, or think they look cool. And they will think it looks cool for probably the rest of their lives.

You sound like you are the ruler of tattoos, when it is a person's decision to get it. Yeah they might regret it later on, but then the live on with it. And the simple design ones like stars aren't supposed to have a meaning, unless it is a personal one. For example my sister has flowers tattooed on her side each one represents a dead member of the family she was close to. They might seem pointless to others, but to her they aren't. But back to having a tattoo without a meaning, maybe they just think it will look good, and not care if the forget about it, or don't think about it. Heck it would stress me out if I was constantly thinking about my tattoo.

And if I need to I can easily explain this tattoo, because it does mean a lot to me. Oh and the font, yeah that's a fake language. The words and even the triforces have a meaning. Meanings that will live on with me for the rest of my life, as they have been important to me since childhood.

Radbot42 Wrote:So much wrong in this. Tattoos do not have to mean anything.

well then, go ahead and put some meaningless bullshit on your body. nobody's stopping you. see how you like it in 10 years.

Radbot42 Wrote:So much wrong in this. Tattoos do not have to mean anything, some people like the design enough, and are satisfied with it. Tattoos do not have to be personal, it helps for others to understand why you got them if they are.
Sorry for stepping in but, I don't see where [MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION] was so wrong about it all. You come online telling everyone that you're getting your first Tattoo and consequently you do have to take in consideration that some people will reply refuting your idea or give you sound advice on it. I truly believe personally that you cannot use your skin as a vulgar blackboard and draw anything you like without thinking about it. Most people who's going for a tattoo do attach a personal meaning to it, whether it is representing a moment of their lives or a person or a word or phrase that they want to have assigned to them personally. I feel that you are defensive and was not prepared to have someone telling you to think twice before inking permanently your skin with meaningless inking.

Quote:but ones like tribal tattoos, people just get those because they like them, or think they look cool. And they will think it looks cool for probably the rest of their lives
I know a great deal of people who have regretted their tribal tattoos because of the fact it actually meant nothing and that through the year they just realized that they were just jumping in the bandwagon of getting a tattoo just because they look cool.

Quote:You sound like you are the ruler of tattoos, when it is a person's decision to get it. Yeah they might regret it later on, but then the live on with it. And the simple design ones like stars aren't supposed to have a meaning, unless it is a personal one. For example my sister has flowers tattooed on her side each one represents a dead member of the family she was close to. They might seem pointless to others, but to her they aren't. But back to having a tattoo without a meaning, maybe they just think it will look good, and not care if the forget about it, or don't think about it. Heck it would stress me out if I was constantly thinking about my tattoo.
You seem highly on the defensive and uses soft ad-hominem attack to defend yourself, where in fact there's no reason to be defensive. I do not believe meridannight have even thunk about telling you that it was a bad idea, he's just stating the obvious that some people may overlook before getting a permanent mark on their skin. And from what I see you're taking back the point he made earlier for which you said that Tattoo doesn't have to mean anything, but you give the example of your sister who has a flower representing a dead member of your family she was close to... so YES Rad the "majority" of people DO attach a meaning to their tattoo even your sister.

Quote:And if I need to I can easily explain this tattoo, because it does mean a lot to me. Oh and the font, yeah that's a fake language. The words and even the triforces have a meaning. Meanings that will live on with me for the rest of my life, as they have been important to me since childhood.
My god Rad take a chill pill. It seems so much that you were just awaiting for someone to tell you it wasn't a good idea to have a tattoo on your skin that you went bat crazy on defensive for something that personally i find to be a quite good advice for any people who's going to have a permanent mark on their skin. Meridanight may have not help you there directly, but you're on a public website and while it may not pertains to you, it reaches a lot of people who gets tattoo for the meaning. The advice he gives on not writing anything with a language you don't understand is basically because too many people have made way too many errors in the past... they thought they were getting Ride the rainbow in Japanese just to find out it was written ride your grandmother's cock... Smile

All I have to say is enjoy your tattoo and chill out, I am not a fan of tattoo personally but I am certainly not tell someone not to get one, but I would definitely warn them the very same way meridanight did.

meridannight Wrote:well then, go ahead and put some meaningless bullshit on your body. nobody's stopping you. see how you like it in 10 years.

Did you not even read my entire post..... smh

Radbot42 Wrote:Did you not even read my entire post.....

yes, i read it all. i just didn't see the point in addressing the rest of it.

you're complaining about me acting like i'm an authority on this? i'm an authority on my own opinion. you're the one asking other people if getting a tattoo is the right thing to do. don't get pissy when you're given feedback you don't like.