Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies that affected/changed your life?
Ok, being the "newbie" here, I hesitated when I thought about starting this thread.

Has anyone ever have a movie change your life in a major way?

In 2005 I went and saw Brokeback Mountain, and it blew me away. I left the theater feeling like I had been kicked in the stomach. I was determiend that I was going to bring all my friends to this movie, but that meant I had no one to talk to regarding the movie until they saw it.

Later that same evening, I Googled "Brokeback Mountain forum" and found an online community for fans of the movie. We were from all over the world, and we all had the strong feelings regarding this movie.

In 2006, one of the women who helped to run the forum posted that she had "nothing to do" on the second weekend of August, and she had an acre of land behind her house. Maybe we can all meet up?

I sent her an email, telling her not to expect a big turn out.....Texas in August? Talk about hot!

Well, I was wrong.....we ended up with 85 people in her backyard for the weekend. We all got rooms at a local hotel, and spent the weekend eating, drinking, dancing, and getting to know each other.

Since then, we've been having get-togethers, in different locations. Since 2006, I've been to 15 different states, and 5 countries: England, Italy, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

I've also had two relationships with guys who were also "Brokies" (as we call ourselves). They didn't last, but they were good relationships, and I have no regrets.

anyone else had an amazing experience in their lives due to a movie?

Angels in America and The Joy Luck Club.

My mother attended Sir George Williams University at the same time as Annie Proulx, they didn't know each other though, lol.

There are books that have shaped my life, but not any movies really.

Interstate 60

Bridge To Terabithia

Ramona and Beezus

Bronson

A Single Man

Justin Bieber: Never Say Never

Brokeback mountain is indeed a very good and filled in with emotions. I am not that much into it, but it was a great movie, that i watched at the right moment.

Another good movie that I like is Star dust, because it teaches you that when you love somebody, nothing can stop you. In addition it is kind of childish film, and it helped me realize a very important thing about me (it might be myself, I am not sure).

Other movies which have changed me to a better person are:
-cars
-wollie
-up
-up in the sky
-a few series of top gear (isn't it strange that a car show can change your life)
-sunny with a chance of meatballs
-(the) pecker
-bad teacher (not that much the movie, but the person with who I was at the cinema)

Two years ago i watch "into the wild"!
For me defenatly its the movie that change my whole world.
At that time i was facing a lot of problems with my family and i had to make some really hard decisions and it helps me to get out of this

Is a movie about some values such as your family, also is about the hypocrasy in the scociety, it gives you some moral rules and it makes you see the life how it is in a different perspective.
Its really difficult to understand i mean you need sometime to fully understand the meaning of this movie.

[Image: into+the+wild.jpg]

stand by me ...awsome movie

Nope.
None to my knowledge.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

@Matty, yes. how could I forget. Stand by me.

OK, people may laugh at this, but as a child The Little Mermaid was a big movie to me. For some reason I felt for it so much, though I was a bit too young to realize why. It was later that I realized that this movie was for kids who were different and wanted to be who they were. I mean, gay, bi, and transgender/transexual people have identity issues, but here was someone who wanted to be a different species... And she does it. And everyone still loves her and she's happy. Yay for her!

Even if it is a Disney cartoon and all, as a little kid, with all the ridicule and judgment and hatred from peers (and sometimes even friends and family), this was one of the only things that didn't make me feel negatively about who I was. If there was ever a movie for little gay boys, this was it.

That, and Alan Menken does some great music.